Ok so i have this Behringer 4X12 that looks sweet buttt is too big for easy transport. So basically im looking for a good 2X12 under a grand for rock/hard rock/pop punk styles... so pretty much just something bloody versatile in the rock genre. Im running a bugera 333xl head so probably a jumbo sized one to fit that would be good.

Or would it actually be worth making my own (very, VERY easily done), if so does anyone have any schematics for the box or speaker sugestions.
One 2x12 that gets a lot of praise is the Genz Benz G-Flex. It's ported and it's meant to sound better than some 4x12s.
Orange is worth a look but kinda heavy.
If you can spend a little more, Bogner gets great reviews.
Vader is meant to be great for metal.
Avatar are great if you know what speaker you want.
Could you point me in the right direction speaker wise? All i know is people say celestions are sometimes too brittle for heavier music.
Eminence is generally favoured for smooth, bassier, American sounds for example, Swamp Thang, Black Powder. Although they also make British Toned Celestion copies.
In the way of Celestion, G12K-100 is worth a look.

Ask someone like MrCarrot, he knows a lot about speakers.
any models in particular for the evm's?

so far with budgets and all that jazz the genz benz g-flex is looking good... but a grand is still alot to fork out on a cab...
Quote by doommaker
any models in particular for the evm's?

so far with budgets and all that jazz the genz benz g-flex is looking good... but a grand is still alot to fork out on a cab...

EVM's might be too expensive, I think it's something like £130 just for one speaker.
The EVM12L Classic's get fantastic reviews though.
I say make your own, it's pretty damn easy, I did it with my dad. I did the wiring myself and got it right. If I can get the wiring right, anyone can... seriously. It sounds fine, but I haven't closed the back yet. So we'll see how it sounds then, but yeah, got no worries whatsoever. If you have the time, build your own. I just modelled mine on an ENGL cab and got my speakers from warehouseguitarspeakers.com
someone i know has used them and said a 212 will sound like a 412
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by Horlicks
One 2x12 that gets a lot of praise is the Genz Benz G-Flex. It's ported and it's meant to sound better than some 4x12s.

...and it succeeds greatly in many regards.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by BeerChurch

They make one with a celestian V30 and G12H mixed...You get the best of both worlds. Price is around $400 plus shipping.

Celestions are fantastic for all things rock and metal.

+1

or get one with celestion g12t-75s inn there...i love those speakers. AWSOME response
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
My Mesa cab was like 700 after taxes and whatnot, and it's damn good. Avatar's also worth a go, and Orange Cabs are suppose to be incredible not only for more classic voiced stuff, but really uber-brutal stuff too (BTBAM and JFAC use them, along with a few more heavier acts).
You want a 2x12 and have a grand to spend?

No offense, but I wouldn't be looking at a G-Flex, anything made by myself or anything "low budget" like an Avatar.

Look into:

Emperor
Mesa
Bogner
Orange
Splawn
Mills Acoustics
Port City

For a 333XL, I'd be looking at Celestion Vintage 30s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Splawn 2x12's are actually very well priced, too.

For sure, I thought about picking one up to match my Nitro, but don't think I want to spend that much right now. Bought a Lopo instead

Splawns have Lifetime Warranties too. Pretty sure that applies to their cabs too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by forsaknazrael
Wow, lifetime? Didn't know that. If I wasn't sold on a Quick Rod before, I sure am now!

Yup, non-transferable though. The only amps with Transferable Lifetime Warranties I know of are Makos and SLOs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
The reason i said budget is because im not a profesional musician i just want something that sounds decent.
$1000 in Australia for a 2x12 really won't buy you all the fantastic cabs you guys are suggesting. IMO you get a much better cab if you build it yourself than what you'd get for paying full price for a cab in Australia. That's my opinion anyway...
Well by the looks of it my options are 1) yeah build one myself

or 2) get one of the avatar cabs with either vintage 30s of g12t 75s... both have their pro's and cons i guess. the speakers too
Blah, I didn't notice you were in Australia. People really need to start putting this in their thread instead of letting people assume it. When some says "under a grand" I'm sure that makes most people automatically think USD.

I'd probably build one myself them, but I've never liked G12T-75s with anything other than Marshall sounding amps, so I personally would go with V30s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
http://www.fivestarmusic.com.au/epages/whitelabel4.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/fivestarmusic/Products/R-212CX

That's cheap, little over $500. Randall Cabs have good quality control too. With the extra money you could buy some new speakers if the seventy 80's don't suit you.

If you don't mind stretching your budget though...

http://www.fivestarmusic.com.au/epages/whitelabel4.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/fivestarmusic/Products/PPC212

Signatures are overrated.
Quote by MatrixClaw
You want a 2x12 and have a grand to spend?

No offense, but I wouldn't be looking at a G-Flex

Why?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by BeerChurch

They make one with a celestian V30 and G12H mixed...You get the best of both worlds. Price is around $400 plus shipping.

+1

also i have heard that genxbenz cab, holy crap its got some nice bottom end to it.
Quote by BeerChurch

They're like a grand over here in Australia. We've only got one distributor on ebay.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by dcdossett65
Why?

I didn't see he was from Australia.

No offense to the G-Flex or anything, but if I had $1000 USD there's many other cabs I'd be looking at. But since he's in Australia, that changes a lot of things
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've got a pair of g-flex 2 x 12s for sale. They sound awesome! Lots of low-end bass! Message me if you are interested.
My Music:

My Photography:
Quote by mmcdonald2k
I've got a pair of g-flex 2 x 12s for sale. They sound awesome! Lots of low-end bass! Message me if you are interested.

Again... this thread is a year and a half old
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com