I use a boss LS-2 to switch between the clean and top boost channels on my AC30 (guitar into LS-2 and 2 cables from the LS-2 into the amp's clean and top boost channel inputs respectively).

When I switch between the channels, there is a barely audible pop sound. Is this setup causing any damage to my amp? Also, why do people say popping sounds (for instance unplugging your guitar while the amp is on) are bad for an amp?
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
I doubt it will damage the amp, but the pedal could have a problem.
The reason plugging your guitar in is dangerous is because it can damage the speaker apparently.
Quote by Horlicks
I doubt it will damage the amp, but the pedal could have a problem.
The reason plugging your guitar in is dangerous is because it can damage the speaker apparently.

I don't think the pop is a problem here since it's barely audible? I think the problem usually is that the speaker isn't designed to handle such waveforms and thus would be damaged with loud pops.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Try some contact cleaner in the jack for the footswitch. I had a ART multieffects unit do the same thing whenever signal went through, turns out it was a dirty jack. It can't hurt to spray some into the jacks on the LS2. You know it's not the switch on the pedal as it has a noiseless switch.