hey guys i found this amp.

(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)

it's a 80s model of the roland cube amp in orange
60w ss(?), with reverb, 8 ohms

the price is 230€

now...would it be a good buy? and how is this amp compared to a marshall valvestate 8080?please help
Don't buy it. It looks like it doesn't have the modelling that the cubes are worth buying for in the first place. Go to www.thomann.de and buy a tube amp for that money.

And valvestates are bad. Very bad for the money.
your sure thats a good idea geting a tube for 230€? the good ones are all around 400-500.and i'm from slovenia and cant buy from these online shops (no credit card and pay pal)
You pay by regular bank transfer. For 230 euros you can get a pretty ok tube amp. Easily better than that really tacky roland cube. Trust me on this one.

What kind of music do you play?
Quote by zwound
You pay by regular bank transfer. For 230 euros you can get a pretty ok tube amp. Easily better than that really tacky roland cube. Trust me on this one.

What kind of music do you play?

Meh, for metal it's pretty much the best he can get. The cube is a sound amp for the price.
Quote by Horlicks
Meh, for metal it's pretty much the best he can get. The cube is a sound amp for the price.

If i'm not mistaken, that's basically the cube 15 'bland box'. No famed emulation. Just clean and reverb..
Quote by zwound
If i'm not mistaken, that's basically the cube 15 'bland box'. No famed emulation. Just clean and reverb..

It says in the title, Cube 60.

EDIT: Wait I misread it:

This is what a Cube 60 normally looks like. If you can get a close of up the dials, that would be great.
Quote by Horlicks
It says in the title, Cube 60.

It doesn't look to me like it's a 'modern' one.
i play hard rock, metal, blues

well it's a model from the 80es.
60w, clean and overdrive
volume (push for brighter tone)
treble, mid, bass, reverb, master volume

thats all.i think it sould have a nice tone. have asked the owner for some sound clips
Last edited by hitl at Aug 25, 2008,
why does it have 2 inputs? normal and overdrive

Does that mean that if you plug into "overdrive" you dont get clean sounds?

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
isn't it the same like the "high" and "low" inputs on other amps
hmm it would be pretty anoying to always plug the cable into each other without a foot pedal :S
they are usually pretty nice amps. you can pick them up time to time around here.

as long as the pots are in good shape, it'll be a nice (to loud) practice amp.

i don't want you to expect too much from it or compare it to a marshall solid state, like you said in ur first post. it's a nice classic rock/blues amp, that'll take some pedals better than others.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011