Whats better a Peavey vypyr 30 or a Roland cube 30x? Is the peavey vypyr series even realeased?
I am also really interested in the vypyr there seems to be one site selling them in the UK and they are pretty reasonable. I dont know what to get really i just want an awesome bedroom practice rig I was thinking of getting a gt-8 but this looks very nice.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
I am also really interested in the vypyr there seems to be one site selling them in the UK and they are pretty reasonable. I dont know what to get really i just want an awesome bedroom practice rig I was thinking of getting a gt-8 but this looks very nice.

I know this isn't your thread, but I feel I should intervene anyway.

If I were you, I'd still get the GT-8, so you can use it with any amp you have in the future, whereas the Vypyr wouldn't really be able to do that.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Don't know about the Peavey but I have a Cube 30x and I really like it.
Quote by SSL27
I know this isn't your thread, but I feel I should intervene anyway.

If I were you, I'd still get the GT-8, so you can use it with any amp you have in the future, whereas the Vypyr wouldn't really be able to do that.

lol yeh sorry i wasnt trying to steal the thread just express my interest, Well i just dont know really, the vypyr has a pedal thing you can buy for it as well, which has a wah pedal type thing and the amp itself has like 11 stompbox type things and loads of amp models and effects plus all the distortions are done analogue so it sounds way better than any other modeling amp. The gt-8 does look cool as well, a lot of the videos i like on youtube of people covering dream theater and vai seem to use gt8s or gt-6s and thats the tone i really like.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Before you buy a Peavey based on recommendations...

Make sure you play it first.

Half the people recommending one will have never played it, and are going off what other people say. For all we know, all the people who tested it could've been completely tone-deaf, and the amp actually sounds horrible.
Quote by Horlicks

Half the people recommeding one will have never played it, and are going off what other people say. For all we know, all the people who tested it could've been completely tone-deaf, and the amp actually sounds horrible.

Tone deaf means that they can't tell if something is in tune...

So they could have thought it sounded brilliant, but the guitar playing wasn't

Sorry to kick you in the balls there.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I have my 30w Vypyr sitting a couple feet away from me.

For $200 it sounds amazing, end all-be-all, it isn't the top of the top. It's still all digital, but sounds more convincing then most that try. Amazing for practicing, with all the customizations you can do you can really dial in any sound you need to practice something.

For $200 I would get it over the Cube 30x in a heartbeat.
me being a roland user (and i've played the cube 30X) I'd recommend the cube.

though I must also be honest and tell you that I'm not keen on peavy's.....
Quote by Horlicks
Or they could be deaf to good tone?

Touché.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by DivADD
I have my 30w Vypyr sitting a couple feet away from me.

For $200 it sounds amazing, end all-be-all, it isn't the top of the top. It's still all digital, but sounds more convincing then most that try. Amazing for practicing, with all the customizations you can do you can really dial in any sound you need to practice something.

For $200 I would get it over the Cube 30x in a heartbeat.

Wow I didn't know the Vypyr's have been released yet? How would you compare it to a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT (if you've played one)?
My New Gear!
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Peavey Vypyr 30
for me QUALITY has to be an issue.

i see 10+ yr old cubes all the time. being sold, being used.

yeah, the new X series cube might not be as great as their older series.
but cube amps seem to last.

whenever a new amp comes out, there's usually bugs to be worked out.

just binging that up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeh i really want a decent bedroom set up I was thinking a boss gt8/8 and maybe a small tube amp like the blackheart but im not sure it will be worth it. I might look into the vypyr when they are more widely available as i would also like something with headphones cos at times i do practice at night, then again the gt6/8 has a headphone socket, its so hard to know what to go for. I think im set on an ibanez rg1570 though.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Sorry, haven't played that Vox. The Vypyrs are available in retail stores, but you'll have to call around, they were almost completely sold out the day after the put them out (Guitar Center), I got the last 30.
'best' is relative

do you need an amp?
do you gig?
do you have a total budget?
can you entertain used amps?
what part of the world do you live in?

There are not too many folks that have played the Vypyr yet. Unless, the Vypyr has a good Clean setting running Multi-effects pedals in front of a Modelling amp does not always work out so well. Yes the Cube is a tank. Not suggesting one over the other - just to broaden your options and get you to provide more info.

Either way, as mentioned play before you pay.

IMO I would definately get the Vyper over a cube. I have played both and I have bought the Vypyr 75w version and love it. I got it for a great deal at $209.00 which is about the same price as the 30w vyper. It has amazing bass response and very punchy. IMO I didn'e like the Roland Cube distortion. The Vypyr has much better distortion and more gain then you will ever need built in. It's a very nice sounding amp. The cleans and effects are also very good.
Quote by thoog1
IMO I would definately get the Vyper over a cube. I have played both and I have bought the Vypyr 75w version and love it. I got it for a great deal at $209.00 which is about the same price as the 30w vyper. It has amazing bass response and very punchy. IMO I didn'e like the Roland Cube distortion. The Vypyr has much better distortion and more gain then you will ever need built in. It's a very nice sounding amp. The cleans and effects are also very good.

Mind if I ask how you got it for $209 thoog1?
My New Gear!
Peavey Vypyr 30
Cube30x ftw
they are pure aural sex.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by Horlicks

Half the people recommending one will have never played it, and are going off what other people say. For all we know, all the people who tested it could've been completely tone-deaf, and the amp actually sounds horrible.

This man knows what hes saying, this is how my brother was tricked into buying a line6 spider III.

I can say the cubes are nice though, Ive played one and I like them, im about to buy a 60w one in a few days.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Yes, they're released. You can get them off Musician'sFriend or at Guitar Center. The Vypyr series is really nice, which their purpose was to be an affordable, but versatile, amp. Mission accomplished. The Roland is nice, but the Vypyr is better for the money, and you can get a better sound out of the Vypyr.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

I got a Vox AD30VT used for $150 ($100 off new) at guitar center. I love it. You can get anywhere from fender amp cleans to high gain stuff. Not enough to melt your face off, but still pretty heavy. It's great and i'd highly recommend it to anyone. It also has an attenuator on the back to control how much power it uses.
Quote by CaparisonCore
Yes, they're released. You can get them off Musician'sFriend or at Guitar Center. The Vypyr series is really nice, which their purpose was to be an affordable, but versatile, amp. Mission accomplished. The Roland is nice, but the Vypyr is better for the money, and you can get a better sound out of the Vypyr.

yeh thats what i have heard quite a few people saying. I am looking for a versatile bedroom amp so this might be just the thing, I have noticed that they are for sale on gak and thomann as well now. Most of the guitarist i like watching on youtube seem to use the boss gt range though so im not sure what to do really. Do reckon you could get decent vai and satch tones outta the vypyr? I know it has a jsx amp model on it but im not sure how good it would be. Also can you use pedals with it like a wah? or would i have to buy the sanpera pedal with the wah on it (and would that sound rubbish?) sorry im a total noob
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
To the person who asked how I got the Vypyr75 for $209.00... Last week Best Buy had a misprinted add for the Vypyr 75w version(yes apprantly Best Buy will sell these) and the add had the Vypyr 75w for $209.00. A forum member at HC mentioned this and quite a few people got GC to match the Best Buy add for $209.00.

Unforutnately, this won't work now as Best Buy caught on to it and so did GC.

However, this is a nice amp and I would recommend the 75 watt. For brootal distortion and everything in between it sounds much better the the Roland Cubes Rfier model.

Try it out!!!!!!
Quote by thoog1
To the person who asked how I got the Vypyr75 for $209.00... Last week Best Buy had a misprinted add for the Vypyr 75w version(yes apprantly Best Buy will sell these) and the add had the Vypyr 75w for $209.00. A forum member at HC mentioned this and quite a few people got GC to match the Best Buy add for $209.00.

Unforutnately, this won't work now as Best Buy caught on to it and so did GC.

However, this is a nice amp and I would recommend the 75 watt. For brootal distortion and everything in between it sounds much better the the Roland Cubes Rfier model.

Try it out!!!!!!

Oh yeah I remember this awhile back when someone on UG posted how Best Buy carries high end instruments. What a great way to save $90 .
My New Gear!
Peavey Vypyr 30
Would it be any good for gigging with, the 75watt version? I can't afford a tube stack.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2