Hello i have a gt8 and a roland micro cube. when i play on distortion and hit a chord other than the sound i played there comes a buzzing sound from behind...why does that happen?
Modeling amps and FX Pedals/Boards dont go together very well.
Hmm ok. I plugged the gt8 to the aux in slot of micro cube and started to play. but when i play some chords etc there is sometimes a wavy buzz. can it be because its a small 2 watt amp? maybe it cant handle all the bass mid gain treble etc.
The only chance you've got of it working is if you plug it into the amp's input and use the clean channel. Anything else and it's going to sound crap, you can't use a different input and you can't use it with any of the amps distortion models or onboard effects.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
is the output level maxed up?
if so then lower it.

and are you sure you plugged into the right place?
ive played with my GT-8 and the micro cube once and it sounded fine on the JC-120 model
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Hmm i firstly used it from the input but i guess plugging it to Aux in made it like plugging it into a FX return thing which disables the preamp you know. since the micro cube preamp is bad i plugged it to aux in and trust me it sound good really good but it looks like to me that the amp cant handle all the bass mid and gain maybe i should get a bigger amp? thats my opinion what you say about this?
does it make the same sounds when you plug into the input?

maybe you can lower the bass, mid and gain?
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
They are nearly the same the input and the aux in i guess. i will try that but going from Aux in makes more sense but then again im a noob at these things so it doesnt matter what makes sense to me
Tried a different cable? The aux/input is the correct way to go.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Daneeka
Modeling amps and FX Pedals/Boards dont go together very well.

yea the amp is a modeling amp and so is the Boss board...
I had similar problems with a Micro Cube and Yamaha Magicstomp.

Try a different amp...
I plugged it from input and i guess its a bit better...which output select should i choose? line/phones seems to be the best but it doesnt suit the input:S
Which amp would be best for using gt8? i dont want something too loud maybe a epiphone valve junior is the way to go? but i should tell i play at really low volume so i dont want problems...i cant spend much money too...
well i know that roland say the jazz chorus is the best amp to use with it but they are very big and heavy and not to mention loud, you might be able to find a used 50 watt one though. Apparently its best to use the gt8 with an amp that doesnt colour the tone so something with a decent clean would be best. I think tube amps add a bit of coloration to it witch makes it sound a but nicer and more dynamic but i would look for a decent solid state.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by blind.quardian
Which amp would be best for using gt8? i dont want something too loud maybe a epiphone valve junior is the way to go? but i should tell i play at really low volume so i dont want problems...i cant spend much money too...

I'm getting great results with my POD XT Live and Valve Junior. Should work pretty well with the GT 8 also. If you go for acoustic tone however it's better to a/b through something else.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
What is the problem with acoustic tones? Btw i might find a cheap epiphone valve junior but i will buy it if its really going to make difference. for now the micro cube's small problems are not important...with the distortion tone i made its quite nice now but who doesnt want a better amp so if its really that good i will try to buy it.
Quote by blind.quardian
What is the problem with acoustic tones? Btw i might find a cheap epiphone valve junior but i will buy it if its really going to make difference. for now the micro cube's small problems are not important...with the distortion tone i made its quite nice now but who doesnt want a better amp so if its really that good i will try to buy it.

Again my experience is with a POD, But I always a/b my acoustic stuff through a cleaner signal (I have a piezo floating bridge in 1 on my electrics + a Variax). Not really a problem, it's just better. As far as your question will the Vj be better then your MicroCube? You won't believe the difference. I was using my POD with a Vox DA 20, Peavey Transtube and direct into a PA Mixer. I thought it was pretty good until I happen to plug into a Valve Junior. It was so much better I ordered one 20 minutes later. I have not regretted it at all and now a few of my friends are dumping their amps for Vj's. Just make sure you get the V3 (it has an Eminence Badge on it. Easiest way to tell).
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Sounds nice. but i will play at home and i generally play very low nearly the same volume we talk. And whats that V3 thing? If its not with eminence badge what difference there is?
Quote by blind.quardian
i will try that but going from Aux in makes more sense but then again im a noob at these things so it doesnt matter what makes sense to me

Please don't. I have a Microcube so i know what i talkin about. Aux In is not for FX or Guitars. It is an input for mp3 players and stuff if you want to play a backing track while you playing guitar.

The correct setup would be:

Guitar--Boss GT8--Microcube.

So you connect your guitar to the guitar input of the Boss GT8. Then you get a second audio cable and connect the Boss GT8 output to the input jack of the Microcube. (the microcube's input jack is placed at its top)
yeh thats what i was thinking as well, aux in is for mp3 players or drum machines and stuff the gt-8 should go into the input on the top and the guitar straight into the gt8.. let us know how it sounds thru the cube once you have it sorted as well cos im interested in getting one and if it sounds good thru the cube i might just do that.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by blind.quardian
Sounds nice. but i will play at home and i generally play very low nearly the same volume we talk. And whats that V3 thing? If its not with eminence badge what difference there is?

V3 = Version 3. Epi made some changes to include an Eminence speaker and some internal changes. Much better. I practice at 2am most nights and I turn the volume control on the POD down. Works out great.

edit:

Quote by Daneeka
So you connect your guitar to the guitar input of the Boss GT8. Then you get a second audio cable and connect the Boss GT8 output to the input jack of the Microcube. (the microcube's input jack is placed at its top)

Not in my experience. The aux/input bypasses the preamp of the amp allowing the Multi to be the preamp. 2 preamps at the same time usually means to much coloring of tone even on a clean channel. Unless the microcube does something my vox and peavey doesn't, but i doubt it. it works well straight into into a Vj, but only to about 12 o'clock. The tubes add warmth to the tone and as long as you blend the OD it sounds better then SS counter parts.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by scott58

Not in my experience. The aux/input bypasses the preamp of the amp allowing the Multi to be the preamp. 2 preamps at the same time usually means to much coloring of tone even on a clean channel. Unless the microcube does something my vox and peavey doesn't, but i doubt it. it works well straight into into a Vj, but only to about 12 o'clock. The tubes add warmth to the tone and as long as you blend the OD it sounds better then SS counter parts.

Its a practicing amp, thhe Aux In function was only advertised by Roland as a function to connect your mp3s and stuff.

Also it bypasses basically everything in the amp. You cant even change the volume of the backing track. (no single knob on the amp has effect on the Aux in.) So it is basically skips the poweramp too, so i higly doubt that the Aux In would be good for anything apart from backingtracks.
Quote by Daneeka
Its a practicing amp, thhe Aux In function was only advertised by Roland as a function to connect your mp3s and stuff.

Also it bypasses basically everything in the amp. You cant even change the volume of the backing track. So it is basically skips the poweramp too, so i higly doubt that the Aux In would be good for anything apart from backintracks.

That's what the controls on his multi are for. It's what works best on all my SS amps. Any other way added to much color.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
It's what i use for SS amps. Go with what sounds best to you.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by blind.quardian
So im very confused now:S should i use aux in or input? cos aux in doesnt sound bad at all...

This is an old post, but is interesting, I have a Microcube and a zoom G2 (multieffects modeller, like the gt-8), and the best connection is in the AUX IN. If you connect it in the main guitar input the palm mutes sound broken unless you turn down the gain, even in JC clean . In the AUX IN all sounds in place. The cable between the MFX and the Microcube is very important. I was testing, with guitar cable sound good, but with balanced stereo cable (audio standard cable) sound noticiably loudest and with 100% definition.

I run the connection in this manner (I'm not an expert, just trust my ears):

guitar>guitar cable (unbalanced)>input of the zoom/gt8/whatever>line output/headphones of the zoom/gt8>audio cable (Balanced)>AUX IN of Microcube

The AUX IN bypasses the preamp, not the poweramp.
An amp without poweramp makes no sound!

Salutations from Barcelona!