ive got my epi les paul standard that im very happy with overall, so id be keeping that for sure. but, id like a guitar with a definite heavy metal sound and feel. i was wondering if anyone can recommend me something, well suited to metal, with 24 frets, and possibly an explorer shape? im not keen on Vs or rhoads shapes, or those razorback sort of shapes either. and im lookin to spend up to maybe $2500.

so if anyone has a particular guitar, a series of guitars or even a manufacturer that i probably havent looked at, that would be great.

cheers

awesome-edit: im a fan of those old esp's james hetfield uses/d. im assuimng 24 frets, emgs and explorer body. i dno if those still get made, or how you go about getting hold of one.
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Last edited by awesome-o at Aug 25, 2008,
* ibanez RG or S/SV prestige, maybe the steve vai/matt bachand/ mick thompson sig model www.ibanez.com
* Fender jim root telecaster (no 24 frets though) http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0134444780
* ESP AX or EX series
* any other ESP (great lp or strat/superstrat style guitars) http://www.espguitars.com/
* any schecter (you go look that site up yourself)
Last edited by Slicer666 at Aug 25, 2008,
ESP do some good explorer shaped guitars and some come equipped with EMG's, just look at their product range, I'm sure you'll find something with a budget like that
Quote by awesome-o
ive got my epi les paul standard that im very happy with overall, so id be keeping that for sure. but, id like a guitar with a definite heavy metal sound and feel. i was wondering if anyone can recommend me something, well suited to metal, with 24 frets, and possibly an explorer shape? im not keen on Vs or rhoads shapes, or those razorback sort of shapes either. and im lookin to spend up to maybe $2500.

so if anyone has a particular guitar, a series of guitars or even a manufacturer that i probably havent looked at, that would be great.

cheers

U wont regret if u buy an Alexi Laiho Signature..
the new ones ****ing own..
i got the mick thompson a month ago (MTM2), and its very impressive its all ive been playing with since i bought it, i also got a couple of esp guitars as well an ex 250 and viper both of them are very good, but if u want heavy go for an esp with emg pick-ups
Check out ESP's they're great for metal and a lot come with EMG's. If it doesn't and you're willing to spend that much you could just have them put in. Although spending that much money maybe a carvin or caparison would be a good idea?

EDIT: how's something like this? closest I can get to an explorer shape.

https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=v220
Last edited by GuitarKid61791 at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by FireandFlames
if you have $2500 to spend...

www.carvin.com

Carvin=win.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^that:

/thread
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
^that:

/thread

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I honestly think the Epiphone Futura Prophecy is a fantastic guitar, and obviously is way below budget.... But with a decent set up it can be a great guitar.

LEaves money for other gear maybe
Quote by KillingMachine
Jackson KE2 Kelly

the kelly kicks arse, one of the sweetest guitars you`ll ever play
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab