Hey guys,

Ive got this guitar, no one even knows where the hell it came from..

Anyway, its a Les Paul shape, and on the head it is marked Bolero. It has two humbucker pick ups and 4 knobs.. Its black with white trim around the edges, and other than that I really dont have much else to say..

After searching for a very long time I've found one other on the internet anywhere...

Problem is now I cant seem to find it, the page it was on was basically a page filled with the guitars used to record an album.

The reason im so interested is when I was getting parts of it fixed up the guy repairing it said that it was supposedly a rare japanese copy and could be valuable..

Any ideas?
Thats not the same picture I found, the one I found the guitar was sitting on a chair...

The description on the side says early 90's les paul.. hmm

Also that is a left handed guitar yes?
My Illustrated Encyclopedia of the Electric Guitar book doesn't have a section on Bolero guitars. I suspect it's an overseas brand name, perhaps only found in a particular region.

Does it appear to be a vintage instrument? I ask because I found a link to a 2006 vintage guitar price guide that lists a guitar from a company called Bolero as being a Les Paul shaped guitar made in 1956 and 1957 with controls on the pickguard and a single pickup.

Here's the link if you're curious: The Official Vintage Guitar Magazine Price Guide

Can you post a pic?
Last edited by carpepax at Aug 30, 2008,
I can soon, not right away I dont have my camera with me.

The guitar has two pickups and the controls are mounted on the body where they are normally on a les paul.
Nevermind about that Vintage Guitar Magazine Price Guide. I realized that Bolero is listed as a model and not a brand.

I have no idea what you have. Please post pics anyway when you're able.
Quote by Shredded Cheese
Hey guys,

Ive got this guitar, no one even knows where the hell it came from..

Anyway, its a Les Paul shape, and on the head it is marked Bolero. It has two humbucker pick ups and 4 knobs.. Its black with white trim around the edges, and other than that I really dont have much else to say..

After searching for a very long time I've found one other on the internet anywhere...

Problem is now I cant seem to find it, the page it was on was basically a page filled with the guitars used to record an album.

The reason im so interested is when I was getting parts of it fixed up the guy repairing it said that it was supposedly a rare japanese copy and could be valuable..

Any ideas?

I bought one new in the early 70's from Allans Music in Melbourne. Unfortunately it was destroyed in a fire about 10 years ago.
It cost me $189. I would have bought a Ibanez Les Paul instead but that cost $235 (I couldn't afford that).
The quality was far inferior to the Ibanez. Cheap woods, semi-hollow body and when I took the pickup cover off it only had a cheap single coil pickup instead of a Humbucker inside.
I haven't seen any others around nor in any Guitar Catalogues.
I have heard they only made them for about 3-4 years. I doubt they would be worth much because of their build quality.
If you ever think of selling it, contact me, but I would not know what to offer you for it.
I hope this helps.......Peeter
Last edited by parbo at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by parbo
I bought one new in the early 70's from Allans Music in Melbourne. Unfortunately it was destroyed in a fire about 10 years ago.
It cost me $189. I would have bought a Ibanez Les Paul instead but that cost $235 (I couldn't afford that).
The quality was far inferior to the Ibanez. Cheap woods, semi-hollow body and when I took the pickup cover off it only had a cheap single coil pickup instead of a Humbucker inside.
I haven't seen any others around nor in any Guitar Catalogues.
I have heard they only made them for about 3-4 years. I doubt they would be worth much because of their build quality.
If you ever think of selling it, contact me, but I would not know what to offer you for it.
I hope this helps.......Peeter

PM'ed.