any brands you like or dont like?
single coil or humbucker
we need a little more detail or else well just keep saying things like hss strat or something like that (not a bad guitar though)
Well, just to say, if you want clean/crunch sounds, maybe you should try a Fender, or something with single coils.

A MIM Strat or Tele or something like that will do...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Well, just to say, if you want clean/crunch sounds, maybe you should try a Fender, or something with single coils.

A MIM Strat or Tele or something like that will do...

Ok thanks for the suggestion

I was looking at a fender but all the good ones were waaaay out of my price range.

I played a fender strat and a fender amp once and it had the best clean tone. But it was a several thousand dollar rig
I keep telling you his, but the tones you get is more about the amp than the guitar, I don't think you fully understand this yet.

You say your amp is fine, but it probably isn't if you're unhappy with the sound you're getting.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I keep telling you his, but the tones you get is more about the amp than the guitar, I don't think you fully understand this yet.

You say your amp is fine, but it probably isn't if you're unhappy with the sound you're getting.

Fuuucking hell... The amp is fine. My bridge pickup is to thin for decent clean sounds and my neck pickup is way to muddy and becomes a blur of ****...
Quote by Final !mpact
Fuuucking hell... The amp is fine. My bridge pickup is to thin for decent clean sounds and my neck pickup is way to muddy and becomes a blur of ****...

What is your amp?
crazy talking animals
Ok...

I cant get a new amp...

Not enough money.
It has sentimental value
I LIKE the amp
The amp is fine my pickups are ****. I know this because a mate of mine (Epic guitarist) brought his guitar over and it sounded muuuuch better. he had a similar guitar to me but with new pickups (And paint and hardware but whatever)
It could do clean tones very well with my OLD guitar but i no longer own it. It went to guitar heaven (Its in 4 pieces...)
you should be able to get a used MIM strat for less than that
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Final !mpact
Ok...

I cant get a new amp...

Not enough money.
It has sentimental value
I LIKE the amp
The amp is fine my pickups are ****. I know this because a mate of mine (Epic guitarist) brought his guitar over and it sounded muuuuch better. he had a similar guitar to me but with new pickups (And paint and hardware but whatever)
It could do clean tones very well with my OLD guitar but i no longer own it. It went to guitar heaven (Its in 4 pieces...)

A better player will always sound better on cruddy gear. For example, go play through his rig, you won't sound any better then you actually are.

A new guitar isn't going to drastically change your tone anyways. Unless you're going from 'buckers to single coils.
Quote by Final !mpact
Ok...

I cant get a new amp...

Not enough money.
It has sentimental value
I LIKE the amp

You don't like the amp.

You don't like your sound, the amp is to blame however you've decided to blame your pickups because the amp has sentimental value. Epic guitarist sounded better because he's an epic guitarist, not because of his guitar.

If you want better clean tones then turn the volume on your guitar down and use the neck pickup. Forget crunch tones, crunch comes from amps, not pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if you're stuck on getting a new guitar, look at fender standard series and maybe do a pickup swap if you want. But atleast look at some amps.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120