hey UG,
there has been a bit of talk on loosening the 4 inside screws on the front of a strat trem and well.. I had to give it ago... Anyways I notice that in doing so the strat trem had risen up slightly from the body. Does anyone know if it you have to have the four inside screws screwed down the same amount as the 2 outer

PS: The 2 outside screws are setup correctly
haha, i don't think there's been a bit of talk about it.

more like some tutorials, on floating a strat trem. if you want to do that then i suggest you follow a tutorial, and not just loosen screws.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if you're keeping it flat against the body, what's the advantage to adjusting the screws attaching the bridge to the body?

are you finding it hard to get your action where you want it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

nah its just that the bridge is coming is pulling up and its not spring tension or the pivot screws... i dont know why is pulling up
pulling up from the pup side?

make sure the screws are flush not too tight, but flush against the bridge plate.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

well i had a play turns out flush wasn't enough. It seemed that because they weren't tight enough something was pulling it up. So i tightened the pivot screws until the trem was flush

thanx for your help anyways! usually some people would ignore
yeah, it's fine dont worry about it. you "free" pivot more with a floating bridge.

you're fine.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62