Not sure if this is the place to put it, but here goes. I was putting a new set of strings on my guitar and after having them on and about to tune the strings, I noticed they weren't inline. I looked at my nut, and it was a good 1/8 inch out of place. The tension of the strings is holding it in place, for now. But I was thinking, next time I get strings, to use epoxy to glue it back in place. Epoxy is a very strong glue that you must mix together for it to activate, but I'm not sure if it would do anything wrong to the neck. Thanks.

-EvoXM
wait for someone to make a bad reference... shouldn't take long...

but yeah, the nuts are not held in there by much, its usually fairly easy to tap them out. Some good ol' normal glue would do the trick, but if its comming off you could always upgrade to like a graphite nut or something if you wanted that would be intereting...

But no I dont think that it would harm to neck, but you don't need any kind of super strong glue in the first place anyways
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
wait for someone to make a bad reference... shouldn't take long...

but yeah, the nuts are not held in there by much, its usually fairly easy to tap them out. Some good ol' normal glue would do the trick, but if its comming off you could always upgrade to like a graphite nut or something if you wanted that would be intereting...

But no I dont think that it would harm to neck, but you don't need any kind of super strong glue in the first place anyways

Alright, I might get a new nut. It'd give me a good chance to upgrade to heavier gauge strings, at least that's what I was thinking about.
All you need is a couple drops of super glue and it'll be fine. Two drops where the nut touches the fretboard, and two where it touches the headstock.