Page 1 of 3
Friend just showed me an intriguing page on the web after returning frmo a visit to egypt.

http://www.outerworlds.com/likeness/aliens/aliens.html

I'm not convinced myself that it was aliens but some of these facts seem almost too coincidental.

In particular:

If you take the perimeter of the pyramid and divide it by two times the height, you get a number that is exactly equivalent to the number pi (3.14159...) up to the fifteenth digit. The chances of this phenomenon happening by sheer chance is remarkably small. Did the ancient Egyptians know what the number pi was? Not likely, seeing as it was a number not calculated accurately to the fourth digit until the 6th century, and the pyramids calculate it to the fifteenth.

Discuss!
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Yeah, that's the story of alien vs predator.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The Egyptians built them, no aliens.
Maybe they knew about Pi but refered to it as something else.
At a guess I'd say that was a made up fact or coincidence.

Had it been the height alone I might've thought something but the fact you've got to x2 makes it less "amazing!"
they drew a circle somewhere when planning it out

hence the way pi got in
we Egyptians built it....stop trying to give away the credit to aliens.youre just jealous!
Ya coincidences, and natural laws.
Odds are they had some sort of calculation or math system to design the pyramids.
Doubt they just started throwing rocks one on top of the other :P
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
did you guys know that the egyptians had electricity?
i guess they discovered it first, but we couldn't figure it out until whats his name git struck by lightning
Quote by gratefulduck
i guess they discovered it first, but we couldn't figure it out until whats his name git struck by lightning

It has been debunked.
Quote by gratefulduck

Didn't know the Egyptian electricity dealie, kind of interesting any linkage or articles?
Benjamin Franklin never actually got struck by lightning, common misconception(not that it really matters), nor did he ever do a kite experiment where he was the one holding the kite he'd always attach it to something and observe from far away, he was a smart guy no smart guy would stand to get struck by lightning.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
the JEWS built the pyramids, man, and they're WICKED good at math.

/horribly racist and bigoted bit of ignorance
IS THAT LIKELY????

... at that moment I turned off.
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
Quote by denn0069
Didn't know the Egyptian electricity dealie, kind of interesting any linkage or articles?
Benjamin Franklin never actually got struck by lightning, common misconception(not that it really matters), nor did he ever do a kite experiment where he was the one holding the kite he'd always attach it to something and observe from far away, he was a smart guy no smart guy would stand to get struck by lightning.

ummm im actually quoteing that from my friend...but he watches a lot of TV about this stuff, so i thought he might be right.
so yeah, unless you can find something doccumented, i guess im not a very reliable source
I love how the person who wrote this put in "IS THAT LIKELY????" and "THEN PUT IN THE PYRAMIDS!!!!" and other things like he's the narrator for some bad documentary.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
aliens didnt build the pyramids, jewish slaves did.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
You can get these coincidences in so many things...
23 zomg
2/3 = .666 zomg
zomg that must mean the number 23 is satanic!!

I'm pretty sure they had the concept of pi but didn't call it what we would think they would, or perhaps it has been lost to history. Its been like more than 2000 years you know...papyrus decomposes.

Yes, I'm sure that the way the Egyptians did this was to have someone walk hundreds of miles to the end of the delta and hold a really, really long piece of string while someone walked all the way back to the site of the pyramid. Then, those two people stood there while two more people repeated the process on the other side of the Pyramid. Just so that they could build a big building in such a way that its diagonals lie on those two lines.

IS THAT LIKELY!?!?!?!!?

No not really. But its also possible they had enough knowledge of cartography and math equations through which they could figure this stuff out without using a giant string.

WAIT
GUYS
I FIGURED IT ALL OUT
It was...THE ANNUNAKI!!!
The lizard gods of old must have made the egyptians make the pyramids so they could genetically engineer people in the canopic jars!!!

/sarcasm
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Last edited by Slaytanic6606 at Aug 25, 2008,
further on the pi thing

draw a circle
measure the diameter
the measure the circumference

and suddenly you're more of a mathematical genius than the egyptians because if you divide those 2 you get pi
Last edited by seljer at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by seljer
they drew a circle somewhere when planning it out

hence the way pi got in

Meaning the circle they used in calculation and building was more or less absolutely 100% perfectly round I would assume.

My next question... How?

There's probably a simple answer.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by denn0069

Wasn't the other guy joking about the Egyptians having electricity? I don't know, I suppose it would have been handy to be able to work fridges in ancient Egypt....

And I doubt that Aliens built the pyramids. Maybe I would have been more convinced if the author had said where he got his information from, and if he had decided to write in any style other than "12 year old writes school project."
Quote by g1asseye
Meaning the circle they used in calculation and building was more or less absolutely 100% perfectly round I would assume.

My next question... How?

There's probably a simple answer.

put a stick in the ground, tie a piece of string to it and walk around
Quote by pawnshopguitars
Wasn't the other guy joking about the Egyptians having electricity?

it wasnt a joke, just some info that was most likely wrong, and i probably shouldnt have mentioned w/o further research
I suggest you go back to school...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by gratefulduck
ummm im actually quoteing that from my friend...but he watches a lot of TV about this stuff, so i thought he might be right.
so yeah, unless you can find something doccumented, i guess im not a very reliable source

It was on National Geographic, but got debunked in the same show by someone who actually had an education
IT says it took nowaday people to build one 1/40 of of the pryamid in 100 days so under third of a year so it would take us about about 12 years to build the real on which would actully be shorter do to than than the orignal 40 year building time
Quote by gallagher2006
wat? Wasn't it the jews?

Well yeah but Jews are actually the descendants of an alien species called Joozians who spend all day making reality tv shows, snorting intergalactic blow and sucking each others jagons.

So technically both answers are correct.
"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python appreciation society"
How Unlikely Is That!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by Slaytanic6606
You can get these coincidences in so many things...
23 zomg
2/3 = .666 zomg
zomg that must mean the number 23 is satanic!!

While I agree numerology is pretty much bull****, Pi is an extremely specific number.
Quote by seljer
put a stick in the ground, tie a piece of string to it and walk around

Burnt.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Questions like these will never be answered until alienas come and say if they did or didnt

Any how they got all the stone to be so perfect and stuff if a mystery

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
15 digits of pi by coincidence is too damn good....

I sometimes like to believe that our "aliens" (UFO sightings and such) are remnants from ancient life on Mars and that they helped the Egyptians and Mayans and Aztecs along with their societies.

Then I realize I've been spending too much time on the internet.
What about the fact that the Egyptians had not even invented the wheel yet, but the blocks that they had to carry to build the pyramids weighed about 2 tons each? 4,000 lbs.? What did they do... use cement? In fact, they used so much stone, that if you took all of the stone they used and cut it into 1 foot square blocks, it would extend 2/3 of the way around the earth!!!

Really?

What about all of that fungi that was found in King Tutu's chamber? Fungi which has never before been seen on earth? What about the Pharaoh's curse????? You decide, who built the Pyramids?????

Someone knows a lot about Egypt
Quote by Shred Head
Really?

Someone knows a lot about Egypt

COINCIDENCE???
Page 1 of 3