My birthday is coming soon, and I'm looking for to buy a new guitar, but i dont like the idea of having 2 guitars. Also i only have my Gibson Les Paul Studio for a couple of months, but I'm not really ... feeling it. I'm also having some problems with the neck, as in everytime i play for than 1-2 hours, the neck gets really sticky and i cant play as well.

If it helps, its a 2007 model.

So, should i trade it and go for a higher end les paul ? or try something different like a stratocaster and telecaster ? I'm open for any suggustions.
What's wrong with having 2 guitars?
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Because it would be hard for me to maintain both the guitars, and i feel like i'd end up playing only one of them and keeping the other in the closet. Also, im still in high school, so i dont think i'd have time.
i have 3 electric guitars and i play all of them just about equally. plus you have a back up for gigging and more tones and stuff to work with.
i say keep em both
its ok if one of them ends up in the closet for a while
its good to have backup just incase
because we all know **** happens
also itd be cool to pass down something like that to your kids if you still have it dont ya think?
Dick+strings= owww
I'd keep the second one for alternate tunings or in case I broke a string, or damaged one of the guitars in some way.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by DGen92
Because it would be hard for me to maintain both the guitars, and i feel like i'd end up playing only one of them and keeping the other in the closet. Also, im still in high school, so i dont think i'd have time.

Hey whatever you feel like doing, in the end just do what you feel is right. As long as you aren't attached to it, go for it.

I wish I could afford an LP. After this Falcon, I'll be pretty much done buying **** so I'm trying to get each style of guitar I want for cheap.
GEAR:

Ibanez Artcore AS73
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Also, if the money you get is going towards a better model, your LP studio is "giving it's life" for you. LOL

Do that ****.
GEAR:

Ibanez Artcore AS73
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Quote by DGen92
My birthday is coming soon, and I'm looking for to buy a new guitar, but i dont like the idea of having 2 guitars. Also i only have my Gibson Les Paul Studio for a couple of months, but I'm not really ... feeling it. I'm also having some problems with the neck, as in everytime i play for than 1-2 hours, the neck gets really sticky and i cant play as well.

If it helps, its a 2007 model.

So, should i trade it and go for a higher end les paul ? or try something different like a stratocaster and telecaster ? I'm open for any suggustions.

Buy a guitar that's different from your Les Paul like a strat or a tele so that you have two guitars fro two different uses, that means both would get played.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
if you dont like it, sell it and get something that fits with you. I have never had more than one guitar and dont see any reason to.
yeah, but if i keep the studio, my next guitar wouldn't be all that great. cause i wouldn't have enough money to get a guitar better or at the same league as the studio.
Les Paul

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=512001

Tele

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-72-Telecaster-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=511141

Im in high school, i work, i run cross country and play softball and i still have enough time for 2 guitars. But if you dont think your gonna play both sell one a get a better quality.
The neck getting sticky isn't a problem with the guitar, it's a problem with you sweating, and will happen to you no matter what guitar you buy.

Clean the neck often and polish it occasionally and you'll be fine.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
What kind of music do you play most? Maybe that will help whether it would be good for you to only have a strat or tele. If you play heavy stuff, selling the LP and getting a strat of tele isn't that good of an idea. But if you always play clean, bluesy, jazzy type stuff, it would probably be worth it.
Quote by apollo66
The neck getting sticky isn't a problem with the guitar, it's a problem with you sweating, and will happen to you no matter what guitar you buy.

Clean the neck often and polish it occasionally and you'll be fine.

If he gets an unpainted neck it will be much less of a problem.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
It would be easier to suggest a solution for you, if you tell us a bit about what styles you play, and how much experience you have.
Dude keep both guitars. I'm not even an incredible guitarist and after finding tons of good deals I have all the electrics listed below plus a used SG i just bought. If you join a band, you'll want backups.

Plus, what if you break a string jamming at 3 am and no music stores are open?
Um, for styles ...
I play a lot of hard rock, like Guns n' Roses. I also play Jimi Hendrix, RHCP, RATM, and blues, like SRV.

I would go for two guitars, but it would be too expensive. If i didn't sell the LP studio, then i'd be getting something valued lower than it.
Theres nothing wrong with having 2 guitars, infact I have 3, 1 Strat which i am doing up, my Rockwood Hohner Les Paul which isnt bad for a cheap ass guitar, and my Dean ML, I use the Hohner for softer rock and blues, and the Dean ML for heavy rock and metal! Therefor they get played evenly
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Nothing is wrong with having two guitars, the studios are hit or miss though. Some are good, some suck.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
After checking out the styles you play, you would probably need both single-coil and humbucking tones. The Gibson can only give you the latter one, while you need something for the single-coil sound. It would be good to go with a Fender Mexican strat which is budget-friendly, but if you can't afford, put a coil-tap in your guitar.
LOL...I'll buy it for $100 NZ dollars.

But seriously, there's no need to get rid of a great guitar like a Gibson LP. Keep it. I have two guitars, and one of them is a beginner pack Ibanez that continually falls apart but I'll never sell it cause it has so much sentimental value. I doubt I'll ever sell my Schecter either.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales