I was over at the Rondomusic website looking at guitars and came across this. I asked my cousin(who teaches guitar) about it and he said he's heard of them but never actually seen one. That's the problem with online stuff, you can't test it.

I haven't read anything negative about this particular model. It's made of alder but I always hear conflicting **** about that wood. Some peopel hate it, some people don't mind it.

Any UG'ers ever play one?
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Les paul's should always stick with mahogany in my opinion, helps keep that legendary les paul sustain.
Quote by iRockMetal
Les paul's should always stick with mahogany in my opinion, helps keep that legendary les paul sustain.

The wood is kinda my concern too, I'm sure a p/u swap would help. I can't imagine the stock ones being that great for the price.
GEAR:

Ibanez Artcore AS73
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
My Brother has a Douglas LP Gold Top copy and his experience was not very positive or pleasent one. Out of the box, it played horrible, even for the price. The strings were very sticky (had been coated with something, for shipping purposes maybe?) and he got black sticky crap all over his fingers when playing it. He put a new set of stings on it and when doing so found out one of the Tuners would not turn at all. It had a cheap plastic nut and two strings would bind horribly when tuning. Pups were noisy and very muddy sounding, electronics were cheap, and one volume knob came off when he turned it. The action was so high it was almost unplayable above the 12th fret and the frets were so unlevel that lowering the action at all resulted in notes fretting out and pings out the yang all over the neck. Taking it to a local luthier and getting all of that fixed, cost him more than the guitar did.
Last edited by Billy Picken at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by Billy Picken
My Brother has a Douglas LP Gold Top copy and his experience was not very positive or pleasent one. Out of the box, it played horrible, even for the price. The strings were very sticky (had been coated with something, for shipping purposes maybe?) and he got black sticky crap all over his fingers when playing it. He put a new set of stings on it and when doing so found out one of the Tuners would not turn at all. It had a cheap plastic nut and two strings would bind horribly when tuning. Pups were noisy and very muddy sounding, electronics were cheap, and one volume knob came off when he turned it. The action was so high it was almost unplayable above the 12th fret and the frets were so unlevel that lowering the action at all resulted in notes fretting out and pings out the yang all over the neck. Taking it to a local luthier and getting all of that fixed, cost him more than the guitar did.

Thanks for that! Now I know.
GEAR:

Ibanez Artcore AS73
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2