hey. im stuck whether to get this amp (15 watts tube) or not. if i get this i will use it for bedroom practise but will it be loud enough for gigs for about 200-300 people? i gig in pubs and my school.
It will be loud enough.
Clean headroom may be a struggle - but it shouldn't as I hear Vox's are uberly loud.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
It's quite loud but you won't be getting the best sounding break up. If you like that 'Kinks' kind of break up, it's pretty killer but I can't really stand it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Its pretty loud from my experience, although that was with a hybrid model.

There isn't a hybrid model of the AC15? It's a valve amp.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
^That's a good deal more expensive...

Foo Fighters!! Why are you looking at this amp?

I ask because I don't really think it's a good amp, for how much you're paying. Poor value. It doesn't sound like a smaller AC30, either. Not worth it, IMO.

I'd get a different amp, there's plenty of other options in that price range.
That's got nothing to do with the AC15 though...
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by Foo Fighters!!
hey cheers. would it be good if i put a od pedal on it?

An OD won't really change much. Go out and try the amp and see if you like it.

Check out the Crate Palomino V-32. I personally think it sounds better, more wattage and it's a dual channel amp too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I think that the AC15s are awesome amps in a quirky way but you might wanna look into other amps first. And I'm gonna say that it might not be loud enough clean, I often find myself wishing for more clean headroom and I have an AC30 and a 4x12 cab.

It'll be real loud once you push it past its break-up point though.

btw, what tones are you going for?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
has anyone had any experience with the amp by Kustom The Defender? i was thinking maybe get this amp with a od pedal
hey. my budget is around £350, i play a lot of classic rock my favourate being Guns N Roses and i also play some rock like the foos
Laney VC30?
Combined with a good OD it can go into hard rock/early metal - such as Guns N Roses and Foo Fighter.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by forsaknazrael
Foo Fighters!! Why are you looking at this amp?

I ask because I don't really think it's a good amp, for how much you're paying. Poor value. It doesn't sound like a smaller AC30, either. Not worth it, IMO.

I'd get a different amp, there's plenty of other options in that price range.

+1

I bought a used AC30CC1 for a lot less than the cost of a new AC15CC1. Deals are out there. If you're really stuck on buying new, maybe take a look at what Laney has to offer in the 15-30W range. Nice amps for a lot less (in the UK).
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i gig with my ac15cc1, and it is plenty loud. i compare it to american made 30 watters easily. an od pedal on top of its top boost is essential if you want more gain since this is not a gainy amp by any means. i recommend the ts-9. so yes its not a smaller version of the ac30, obviously. but its still a killer amp. over priced? thats subjective. its all up to what you think is worth spending X amount of cash. to me, it was worth every penny. i got a great sounding amp that was very basic with 2 analog effects and plenty loud to play gigs in places i would not be mic'ing. get it! its still a vox!!!

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune
Quote by forsaknazrael
Really? They're quite expensive in the UK, for what they offer. I'd be more inclined to get a Laney VC30, with an OD pedal.

Yeah, I own VC-30 and a TS-808. Can handle anything and is a great price. I really recommend them and Laney have great customer service so you can be assured that you have an amp that will last you a long time