so im looking for a new amp...
im wondering if this amp can be really high gained...because im a high gain person...
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
but is it going to sound good with the pedal?
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
Yes. I use a Super Comp for a little more gain, and it sounds great. It also takes my Fuzz really well. And if you lean more towards distortion pedals, it still sounds great with them.

It can get this tone with about 3/4 volume (no pedals, 3 watt mode): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMQ72dVVXi8

As a note, I changed the tubes as soon as I got it. Put in a Sovtek 12AX7, and a JJ EL84. The original tubes are pretty cheap looking.
Last edited by Vykk Draygo at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by Vykk Draygo
Yes. I use a Super Comp for a little more gain, and it sounds great. It also takes my Fuzz really well. And if you lean more towards distortion pedals, it still sounds great with them.

It can get this tone with about 3/4 volume (no pedals, 3 watt mode): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMQ72dVVXi8

As a note, I changed the tubes as soon as I got it. Put in a Sovtek 12AX7, and a JJ EL84. The original tubes are pretty cheap looking.

thx dude
but do you think its really worth it?
Quote by andy331

Quote by Vykk Draygo

is it loud enough to jam with drummer?
Quote by Maxv4
thx dude
but do you think its really worth it?

I think so. I haven't had a single regret in buying it!
If your drummer is willing to quiet down a bit, you can get over drums.
I recommend that you do replace the tubes, but don't get a sovtek 12AX7 in it. I'd get something like a JJ to smooth things out.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Acquiescence
is it loud enough to jam with drummer?

I haven't tried it, but probably. I have to use an attenuator to keep it at a reasonable volume for bedroom playing, even at only 12 o'clock on the volume, and thats on 3 watt mode. 5 watts is slightly louder.

I've got a drummer friend that I've been meaning to jam with. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Edit: What the guy above me said.

Except for the JJ bit.
Quote by darkarbiter7
If your drummer is willing to quiet down a bit, you can get over drums.
I recommend that you do replace the tubes, but don't get a sovtek 12AX7 in it. I'd get something like a JJ to smooth things out.

Wow, did you discover a parallel universe of quiet drummers? The drummer in my brother's band is louder than the PA at our local, they put almost no drums through the speakers and still struggle to get the rest of the mix above the level of his drumming.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard