Page 1 of 3
A lot of the time my buddies and I will be sittin' around wonderin' bout the other people that inhabit this great green Earth. Most of the time we get to discussin' all the sons of bitches makin' multi millions, if not billions, every ****ing year!

What do you guys think of these folks? Is it right? Do they deserve it? Do you really think ol' Billy Gates deserves, what is it again, like, fifty billion dollars!

Me personally, you ask? Well, I'm kind of divided on the whole thing. I think it's more about what you use the money for... who wouldn't want millions of dollars? How much does the luxurious five bathroom, five gigantic room mansion mean to you? Do you think you'll be the guy who needs a new car every month or will you be the guy who walks in silence, pockets filled, who drives the ten year old piece of ****? This is a pretty open-ended topic, so please, let your thoughts wander. Good day.
The times they are a changin'.....
They deserve it as long as they're responsible with their money. Pricks who waste it on crap get me mad, all they have to do is donate like .5% and they could make such a difference.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Yeah...I used to talk about this to my friends...When I was like 8.

But seriously, the richer you are, the more people that don't really like you. Either you got it by some illegal endeavor, or you're in a succesful business. Either way, you have competitors and enemies.

I'd be satisfied living life middle-class.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Well, if it wasn't for Bill Gates you wouldn't have been able to post this (unless you use mac).

And yes some people make more money than you and whether they deserve it is a matter of opinion
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Yeah, I think they deserve it. They worked hard for it. Of course they got lucky too. I'f I'd have so much money I'd just travel around the world trying to meet as many people and do as much random **** as possible.
Quote by Italy's Finest
A lot of the time my buddies and I will be sittin' around wonderin' bout the other people that inhabit this great green Earth. Most of the time we get to discussin' all the sons of bitches makin' multi millions, if not billions, every ****ing year!

How would you have it then, eh, comrade?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Bill is donating his money to charity when he dies, but he is giving his kids like not even a percent each...So some organization gets 50 billion dollars or more when he is dead
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Yeah...I used to talk about this to my friends...When I was like 8.

But seriously, the richer you are, the more people that don't really like you. Either you got it by some illegal endeavor, or you're in a succesful business. Either way, you have competitors and enemies.

I'd be satisfied living life middle-class.

When you were eight, huh? You really understood the divide between king and vagabon d at the age of eight? Please...
Quote by Kensai
How would you have it then, eh, comrade?

I actually told you that in the original post. You should have continued reading...
Quote by Italy's Finest
I actually told you that in the original post. You should have continued reading...

Actually I did. I was doing a clever communist remark.
I sincerele believe that Bill Gates deserves every penney he owns. He creates a product and a demand. supplied the demand, and made a profit. Why wouldnt he deserve it?

If you came up with a product of such magnitude, would you consider yourself worty to make a profit from it?
Quote by jimmy_neutron
I sincerele believe that Bill Gates deserves every penney he owns. He creates a product and a demand. supplied the demand, and made a profit. Why wouldnt he deserve it?

If you came up with a product of such magnitude, would you consider yourself worty to make a profit from it?

Of course. I'm just asking if you still think you'd sleep well at night, knowing how you live a life of ridiculous excess while others swim in ****.
Bill Gates made a good product. He's rich for a reason.

Personally I think that no-one really needs that much money. Seriously, if you had as much money as Gates, what would you do with it? Once you buy yourself everything you've ever wanted, plus a few things you didn't want, but decided to get just for fun, what're you gonna do?

You could invest it into something, but the only reason you'd do that is if you truly support the organisation you're investing it. You wouldn't do it for the money. YOu'd have enough, anyway.

I personally don't like excess. If I earned that much, I wouldn't know wtf to do with it. I'd still live in a fairly modest way. I just couldn't deal with that kind of excess.

Donations to charity seems like a good idea.
Many celebrities and rich people give out money to poor people, you hear about it on the news a bit.

What I was thinking, if every rich person gave $1 to one person with no money, that personal will have about a lot of money, depending on how many rich people there are on this Earth.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by sixwingmortal
Many celebrities and rich people give out money to poor people, you hear about it on the news a bit.

What I was thinking, if every rich person gave $1 to one person with no money, that personal will have about a lot of money, depending on how many rich people there are on this Earth.

Well, for the poor person, anything is a lot of money.

To us, 1 dollar can buy a drink or a bus ticket. To someone in a developing country, it can help feed their family, it can buy them tools to work with, to earn more money, to survive.

Ever heard of microcredit? It's when comapnies lend very small ammounts of money, like, 10 dollars, to people in developing countries, so they can buy tools or soemthing and get a job. And they manage to earn a living and pay it back.

EDIT: that reminds me of another thing: when yuo're THAT rich, things lose value to you.

I remember when I was 11 and just starting guitar, if someone had an ELECTRIC guitar that was the most amazing thing ever. Now I've had my own for about 5 years, and I've been saving money to buy a new one. It seems to have lost value. I'm sure when I 'grow up' and get a job, it'll be like "Gibson Les Paul Custom? Whatever. I've got 3".

If you get everything whenever you want, do you really appreciate it?
Last edited by sashki at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by cam_sampbell
Well, if it wasn't for Bill Gates you wouldn't have been able to post this (unless you use mac).

And yes some people make more money than you and whether they deserve it is a matter of opinion

So if Bill Gates didn't exist there would be no computers?
Quote by Italy's Finest
When you were eight, huh? You really understood the divide between king and vagabond at the age of eight? Please...

I'm sorry? I said I used to talk about being filthy g'damn rich to my friends when I was 8. Which wasn't too long ago. I'm 13.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by GiantRaven
So if Bill Gates didn't exist there would be no computers?

We'd all be using Macs.
I'd donate everything that I don't need. As long as I get 3 hots and a cot, and have no debt, I'll be fine.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
If someone's rich, good for them. I wish I was rich, but I'm not. When people complain about rich people, I just want to tell them to stop bitching and stop being selfish. Just because you don't have a ton of money doesn't mean other people do. Life isn't fair, get used to it and stop being emo.
If they work hard and put enough of it to good use, such as donations or public service, then hell yes they deserve what they make.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by yoshixxx7
We'd all be using Macs.

No, Gates founded Microsoft, which made Windows. This does not mean we would all be using Macs if he didn't exist.
I think to a large extent many of the wealthiest people today are wealthy only because they've used unethical methods or taken advantage of other people to get there.

tl;dr rich people are often douchebags
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by yoshixxx7
We'd all be using Macs.

Probably not, they started developing the pc together, but then split apart.

So we don't know.

However, being poor can usually be tracked down to one of you ancestors, or faulty government, or a tragedy of some sort. But i think usually somebody decided not to work hard, and earn money, and instead, do a low skill job, and then take the small paycheck to buy beer.

Those who make a successful business..deserve it. To me, that's kinda like saying "oh you don't deserve to have that 1milliion you just won off the lottery" Why not? You took the risk, and got lucky. So now your a scumbag for winning?

Business is risky. You gotta be very lucky to make the big bucks.

I think you would also be surprised to see that plenty of business owners/rich people donate money and such.

(i live in a middle class family)
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
I think to a large extent many of the wealthiest people today are wealthy only because they've used unethical methods or taken advantage of other people to get there.

tl;dr rich people are often douchebags

Wrong. I know alot of rich people because my uncle is loaded and his friend circle is on about the same wage and they're all really genuinely kind and normal people. Sure, they have better possessions than the average person, but they've all worked hard for it and deserve it.
Quote by sashki
Bill Gates made a good product. He's rich for a reason.

Personally I think that no-one really needs that much money. Seriously, if you had as much money as Gates, what would you do with it? Once you buy yourself everything you've ever wanted, plus a few things you didn't want, but decided to get just for fun, what're you gonna do?

You could invest it into something, but the only reason you'd do that is if you truly support the organisation you're investing it. You wouldn't do it for the money. YOu'd have enough, anyway.

I personally don't like excess. If I earned that much, I wouldn't know wtf to do with it. I'd still live in a fairly modest way. I just couldn't deal with that kind of excess.

Donations to charity seems like a good idea.

I agree i would never be able to bring myself to go out and buy say

a 30k+ car, a mansion, any guitar over 5k, overly luxorious stuff

I'd probably donate to developing countries with the excess...i just wouldn't know what to do with it.

If i had the money, i'd have a nice hybrid, solar pannels (a lot) any more energy i need from turbines and such, and i would probably buy nice gifts for my family.

But i dont think i would be able to buy a big mansion...No i'd buy a nice house in a nice area, big enough to have small parties, me, and a girlfriend/wife. Also a studio for mediocre recordings...

i'd live in the country too..
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by frottage
If someone's rich, good for them. I wish I was rich, but I'm not. When people complain about rich people, I just want to tell them to stop bitching and stop being selfish. Just because you don't have a ton of money doesn't mean other people do. Life isn't fair, get used to it and stop being emo.

+1000000 i have this friend who keeps saying "god it makes me so angry to see rich kids in their cars that their parents bought them, i hate rich people, i should have their money" i dont give a flying ****, i ride my bike everywhere, im happy with that, one day i told him "shut the **** up, you live in a house, you have an ipod, you have a brand new cellphone, you have a moped, you eat dinner every night, you are richer than 90 percent of the world, ****ing enjoy it" then he launched into this whole "you have no idea how poor i am" speech, ****ig twat,
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
but yea i dont really give a **** about rich people, its when they start making reality shows or thinking they are famous or better that pisses me off
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
+1000000 i have this friend who keeps saying "god it makes me so angry to see rich kids in their cars that their parents bought them, i hate rich people, i should have their money" i dont give a flying ****, i ride my bike everywhere, im happy with that, one day i told him "shut the **** up, you live in a house, you have an ipod, you have a brand new cellphone, you have a moped, you eat dinner every night, you are richer than 90 percent of the world, ****ing enjoy it" then he launched into this whole "you have no idea how poor i am" speech, ****ig twat,

Lol, I used to feel that way, but yeah.
I'm not saying there aren't some rich people that are stuck up, cause there are, but there's plenty of nice rich people too. There's plenty of unrich people that are dicks too; I think rich people seem snobbier because everyone's jealous of them; no one's jealous of some poor douchebag, you just hate him. Or something.
Quote by fretsonfire74
Wrong. I know alot of rich people because my uncle is loaded and his friend circle is on about the same wage and they're all really genuinely kind and normal people. Sure, they have better possessions than the average person, but they've all worked hard for it and deserve it.

While I'm not sure about how different economic situations in the past affected someone's ability to become successful, it seems to me that in recent years, globalization and competing markets in Asia have inspired some supreme douchebaggery. Maybe 5 years ago my dad lost his job to outsourcing when the company he worked for went overseas. Call it "competition" in a capitalist system, but to pull the plug on a shitload of jobs that families depend on is just douchebaggery.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I think many people who are really rich do deserve it, look at the richest person alive Warren Buffet, his non investment salary is only $100k a year, he lives on the same property he bought in 1958 for $30k and he is going to be giving all of his money away to charity by the time he dies. There is virtually nothing you can do with two billion that you can't do with one billion but it is curious why Buffet and many continue to strive to make more money than they will ever be able to use, I think that they do this because they love the thrill of business and competition, but I think when they retire they become some of the most generous people on earth.
Quote by frottage

You're entitled to your opinion but it's just stupid.

Who says life isn't fair?

We have a minimum wage. Why not a maximum wage. Say...five million a year maximum . I mean, in reality, a family of 4 or 5 doesn't really need over 200,000 a year, but I understand that the pathetic people of this nation (as well as the world) are obsessed with excess, luxury, fame, and fortune, and so they need to look better than others by having Ferrari's and the like, well equipped with 5 million a year, those homos can get all that done and the rest of us can get 3 meals a day that aren't McDonalds, work jobs we enjoy, and try to clean this scum **** nation the **** up cause from where I'm lookin' the condition of these roads, houses, streets, make me want to puke.

SOME PEOPLE HERE GOT IT REAL GOOD
CAUSE THE GLASS TOWERS BRING PROSPERITY
OTHER PEOPLE STARVE IN THE STREET
CAUSE CONCRETE KNOWS NO SYMPATHY - operation ivy

Grow some balls and turn over a new leaf, I don't give a ****, y'all know it ain't cool when folks got 10 different mansions, 30 cars, 2 jets, etc. Dethrone the celebrities, waste the politicians, and let the homeless loot the mansions. I just want some oranges.

What the hell business does any man have spending more than five million in one year, anyways? That's approx. $13,000 at his disposal DAILY. What the **** else do you need, man?

Call me what you will, I'll just call y'all greedy.
Last edited by Italy's Finest at Sep 29, 2008,
Quote by Italy's Finest

We have a minimum wage. Why not a maximum wage. Say...five million a year maximum . I mean, in reality, a family of 4 or 5 doesn't really need over 200,000 a year, but I understand that the pathetic people of this nation (as well as the world) are obsessed with excess, luxury, fame, and fortune, and so they need to look better than others by having Ferrari's and the like, well equipped with 5 million a year, those homos can get all that done and the rest of us can get 3 meals a day that aren't McDonalds, work jobs we enjoy, and try to clean this scum **** nation the **** up cause from where I'm lookin' the condition of these roads, houses, streets, make me want to puke.

Grow some balls and turn over a new leaf, I don't give a ****, y'all know it ain't cool when folks got 10 different mansions, 30 cars, 2 jets, etc. Dethrone the celebrities, waste the politicians, and let the homeless loot the mansions. I just want some oranges.

What the hell business does any man have spending more than five million in one year, anyways? That's approx. $13,000 at his disposal DAILY. What the **** else do you need, man?

I wouldnt mind some oranges right about now, Im a lazy bastard do i desearve money? and if not why not.
Quote by Italy's Finest

Did you... copypasta that thing?
Quote by Italy's Finest

Are you being serious? I'm finding it hard to tell.
All I really need is a couple million dollars in savings (4% minimum rate is good enough) and I would just live off of it for the rest of my life, never having to work again.
Quote by Italy's Finest
Me personally, you ask? Well, I'm kind of divided on the whole thing. I think it's more about what you use the money for... who wouldn't want millions of dollars? How much does the luxurious five bathroom, five gigantic room mansion mean to you? Do you think you'll be the guy who needs a new car every month or will you be the guy who walks in silence, pockets filled, who drives the ten year old piece of ****? This is a pretty open-ended topic, so please, let your thoughts wander. Good day.

No.

I didn't ask.

You made the thread.

Schizo? o_O
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Depends on how they got the money. Most people work hard for their money, spending alot of time and energy accumulating their wealth. If theyre more original than someone else, the deserve it for coming up with the idea.
If someone has done next to no work to earn it, such as through theft or running illegal operations, they don't deserve it at all.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Page 1 of 3