Hey guys, I've been playing guitar for almost 2 years now and I decided it's time to pick up some new gear. I developed a style and it's leaning towards metal/hardcore/breakcore genres. I was wondering what you guys would recomend for playing those types, nothing too expensive though. Thanks in advance .
I hope to leave you, shaking.
I would recommend Peavey amps, they've got a big reputation for metal. But they kinda run head-on into your concern for price =/ Krank And Marshall have some big names in metal too, might want to check those out

And for guitars I guess it's all preference but I'm love with Dean Guitars, and ESP models for metal. A big part of the sound you're looking for also comes from the pickups, again it's all preference but I'd go for EMGs
I don't know who you are, but I'm with you
Last edited by Frank_Aranda at Aug 25, 2008,
Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same I just wanted some opinions, and I don't really need the best amp you can get just something that can get me started
Line6 has some pretty good amps for the price.. I don't know how good the newer ones are at fine-tuning tone, the model I have isnt so great at that. But besides that they've got decent metal tones
I don't know who you are, but I'm with you
Quote by Frank_Aranda
Line6 has some pretty good amps for the price.. I don't know how good the newer ones are at fine-tuning tone, the model I have isnt so great at that. But besides that they've got decent metal tones

1. line 6 =/= good for metal
2. line 6 =/= good prices
3. line 6 = overpriced
4. your budget = helpful
5. your budget = better recommendations
6. better recommendations = you go home with better gear
7. you go home with better gear = everyone is happy
I'm probally going to spend around maybe 600-700 dollars for both the guitar and amp. So like a 250 dollar guitar and a 350 dollar amp, whatever works out.