|--3-| |--3--| |--3-| |--3-| |--3-| |--3--| |--3-| |--3-|
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
E||----------------------------------------------------------------|
B||--7p-0-8p-0-10p-0-8p-0-7p-0-5p-0-7p-0-8p-0-10p-0-8p-0-7p-0-5p-0-|
G||----------------------------------------------------------------|
D||----------------------------------------------------------------|
A||----------------------------------------------------------------|
E||----------------------------------------------------------------|

I was picking it but I can't play that fast (its 100bpm)
(to get an idea of the speed and song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grlNQjxTgJ4 and heres the GP file http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?s=serpents+in+paradise&w=songs )

Do I not pick them all, the fact it has hammer ons/pull offs confused me? Is it tapping or what?

Thanks
David
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
its not tapped at all its just al about pulling off ur fingers pluck the fretted notes then scoop it out similar like scooping ice cream,

but drewfromutah, please tell me u no how to play a guitar, cause seriously this in all means is not tapped

best finger placement

index finger to ply 7th fret
rude to play 8th
pinky to play 10th
and index to play 5th
Ahh so I pick the 0's then hammer on the others?

It seems really hard, I end up just picking the fretted notes and ignoring the 0's aaaah!!!!!
My gear
ESP LTD Ex400

BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Quote by David_VI
Ahh so I pick the 0's then hammer on the others?

It seems really hard, I end up just picking the fretted notes and ignoring the 0's aaaah!!!!!

Not quite. Just hammer on to one of the notes, and when you pull off, you will pull off onto an open string. Just do that and use a metronome for speed.
It doesn't look tabbed quite right to begin with. It looks like all of the notes should be picked, and with each fretted note you would do a pulloff. But a pull off to what note...I'm assuming to the open note, which you then need to show an arch over and connect to two notes to be tabbed correctly. But after listening to the song its pretty easy to tell that you play the fretted notes and pulloff to the open string. no hammer ons or tapping involved at all.
Yeah, so I would only pick the first note, then hammer on and pull off as necessary, no tapping required... Just a tight, controlled legato technique. It'll come eventually, everything does.
Quote by PapaSchumpf
it has to be good. jonas brothers play the bigger version of it

Member of Les Paul Liberators...Click here if you have a Les Paul
Rate my songs... Here
Okay so its like tapping but using just one hand? Sorry i'm just trying to understand fully

Edit: didn't see the next two replies sorry!
My gear
ESP LTD Ex400

BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Last edited by David_VI at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by captainoid
Not quite. Just hammer on to one of the notes, and when you pull off, you will pull off onto an open string. Just do that and use a metronome for speed.

where is all this talk about hammer ons coming from, there is no mention of an h in the tab, its fairly straight forward, and should be done properly

ts just slow it down for starters

and if u want a beginers so of song that has this exact tecnhique go learn thunderstruck and then u will be able to convert that technique to this
Quote by captainoid

pretty much, It's 1 hand tapping to an open string; similar to AC/DC's thunderstruck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Simple as maybe, but not at that speed it seems.. i'll have to start this extremely slow if I have to pull off the fretted notes to sound the open string.. hopefuly i'll get there in the end and will have learnt something valuable.. thats what learning guitar is all about hey!

I'll look at Thunderstruck too..

Thanks
My gear
ESP LTD Ex400

BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Quote by David_VI
Simple as maybe, but not at that speed it seems.. i'll have to start this extremely slow if I have to pull off the fretted notes to sound the open string.. hopefuly i'll get there in the end and will have learnt something valuable.. thats what learning guitar is all about hey!

I'll look at Thunderstruck too..

Thanks

haha i meant simple as, as the structure i gave to play it lol

instead of all these people saying hammer-on hammer - on
or u only need to pluck the first note

if your going to play something play it right even if u CANT do it up to speed, or properly
thats why practicing is handy lol

otherwise if u dont learn the right way u never will

but seriously just take it slow mate ull get there in time
Quote by Martindecorum

but drewfromutah, please tell me u no how to play a guitar, cause seriously this in all means is not tapped

Don't be a douchebag. All I said was I would one-hand tap it, and I also stated I didn't listen to the song.

PS: your post makes no sense.
Last edited by drewfromutah at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by drewfromutah
Don't be a douchebag. All I said was I would one-hand tap it, and I also stated I didn't listen to the song.

PS: your post makes no sense.

and i didnt listen to it either, and u said tapped, never mentioned one-hand tapped

the reason why i said it u have a quiet lengthy equipment list but still unable to play what people with general experience would say quiet a basic bar of music
Quote by oneblackened
pretty much, It's 1 hand tapping to an open string; similar to AC/DC's thunderstruck.

This.
there is a big difference to one hand tapping
and that riff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHBj7OAGW58
(one hand tapping) note he does not pick AT ALL that is true one hand tapping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER95AwlRTs4
(thunderstruck) note the guy plucks the fretted notes just like this song is done

BIG DIFFERENCE
Last edited by Martindecorum at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by Martindecorum

and i didnt listen to it either, and u said tapped, never mentioned one-hand tapped

the reason why i said it u have a quiet lengthy equipment list but still unable to play what people with general experience would say quiet a basic bar of music

Are you SURE you didn't listen to it? Because right here you said you did:

"ahh u guys u can clearly hear it being plucked on the fretted notes, fret *pluck* pull off Fret *pluck* pull off simple as"

I'm sorry I said "tap" instead of "one hand tap." I figured you were mature enough to realize that nobody would two hand tap that piece. Give me a little credit.

Funny how everyone else is disagreeing with you yet you still insist you're right. Now you're criticizing me because I'd play a piece a certain way (there is absolutely nothing wrong with one hand tapping that piece) and because I can afford reasonable equipment? Get out of town, clown.

PS: Can you play music better than you can spell? How embarrassing.
Last edited by drewfromutah at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by drewfromutah
Are you SURE you didn't listen to it? Because right here you said you did:

"ahh u guys u can clearly hear it being plucked on the fretted notes, fret *pluck* pull off Fret *pluck* pull off simple as"

I'm sorry I said "tap" instead of "one hand tap." I figured you were mature enough to realize that nobody would two hand tap that piece. Give me a little credit.

Funny how everyone else is disagreeing with you yet you still insist you're right. Now you're criticizing me because I'd play a piece a certain way (there is absolutely nothing wrong with one hand tapping that piece) and because I can afford reasonable equipment? Get out of town, clown.

PS: Can you play music better than you can spell? How embarrassing.

now i listened to it after i said my first post, cause it was obvious from the tab what to do,

i said that please tell me u no how to play guitar, basically cause u have a lot more equipment like me, and im guessing ur one of those people who shows off all there equipment but just lets it sit in a little corner and says thanks for buying me a guitar MUM

and yet i am finding it funny how everyone is disagreeing with me, because this is a sight of learning and finding out new things, and thats basically what im saying U SHOULD LEARN THE PROPER WAY, dont get into bad habits, that can cause bad things with playing in the future
Last edited by Martindecorum at Aug 27, 2008,