I know how to make triads with the major scale.
you take the: 1 3 5 with all notes in the key ex: C. and if a note arent in the key of C you just have to change the note to fit in the key etc etc.

but i wanted to do triads with a minor scale (natural) key of F#
(i think is: F# G# A B C# D E F#) but i dont know what formula use, 1 3 5 or 1 3b 5? because i read that in the major scale you can have maj,min and dim chords, in the minor scale is the same? can someone help me this out?
its the same as u stated above just change the notes to fit the key 1 3 5 is major chord 1 b3 5 is minor
you can make any chord major minor or diminished there are some that are naturally that way tho
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
so in the minor F# scale: F# G# A B C# D E F#
the triad will be: F# A C#
but when its time to make the G# triad, what happen here? i make the major scale of G# or the minor one?
the F# "natural" minor is the relative of A Major...so all the triads for the A Maj / F#min are the same..

F#mi G#dim Amaj Bmin C#min Dmaj Emaj

play well

wolf
Quote by axl611
so in the minor F# scale: F# G# A B C# D E F#
the triad will be: F# A C#
but when its time to make the G# triad, what happen here? i make the major scale of G# or the minor one?

You basically stack the thirds within the scale. So for the F# triad you take F#, skip a note, A, skip a note, C#. F minor. So for G# it would be G#, skip a note, B, skip a note, D. That's 1 b3 b5 - G# diminished.

Make sure you understand this kinda stuff completely within major keys, because minor keys can get much more complicated.
Make sure you understand this kinda stuff completely within major keys, because minor keys can get much more complicated.

This. Minor keys can be real hecklers if you don't have your major scale harmony off very well.
Quote by axl611
(i think is: F# G# A B C# D E F#) but i dont know what formula use, 1 3 5 or 1 3b 5? because i read that in the major scale you can have maj,min and dim chords, in the minor scale is the same? can someone help me this out?

You don't "apply formulas" in the sense that you mean. Triads are made by stacking thirds. Period. It doesn't matter whether you're using the major scale or the minor scale. Build chords from each degree of the scale (by stacking thirds), and see what you get.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
You don't "apply formulas" in the sense that you mean. Triads are made by stacking thirds. Period. It doesn't matter whether you're using the major scale or the minor scale. Build chords from each degree of the scale (by stacking thirds), and see what you get.

^This. (I don't see how minors or any other scale can be more complicated than the major scale. Exactly the same method is applied to both scales. All that differs is the result.)

For the root triad you stack the first degree of the scale the third degree of the scale and the fifth degree of the scale. For the triad starting on the second degree you start with the 2nd scale degree add the 4th degree then the 6th degree and so on.

If it is a minor scale the third degree is b3 so that's what you use when you need to add the third degree to a triad. You just use the notes from the scale you're harmonizing. It doesn't matter what scale you're using the method is always the same.

Example...
Creating a triad using [B]fifth degree as root[/B] in different scales you would use
the [B]fifth[/B] scale degree the [B]seventh[/B] scale degree and the [B]second[/B] scale degree.

[U][B]Major Scale[/B][/U]
1 2 3 4 [B]5[/B] 6 [B]7[/B] 1 [B]2[/B] 3...  in C = C D E F [B]G[/B] A [B]B[/B] C [B]D[/B] E...
[I]V chord in major scale is major[/I] 
[U][B]Natural Minor Scale[/B][/U]
1 2 b3 4 [B]5[/B] b6 [B]b7[/B] 1 [B]2[/B] b3 4...  in C = C D Eb F [B]G[/B] Ab [B]Bb[/B] C [B]D[/B] Eb F.....
[I]V chord in natural minor scale is minor[/I] 
[U][B]Harmonic Minor[/B][/U]
1 2 b3 4 [B]5[/B] b6 [B]7[/B] 1 [B]2[/B] b3 4... in C = C D Eb F [B]G[/B] Ab [B]B[/B] C [B]D[/B] E F....
[I]V triad in Harmonic Minor scale is a Major triad[/I] 
Si