I got into guitar a couple years ago,and fell out of it because I had no time for it. Well, I can't stop thinking about it so I'm making time. I'm going for a fresh start and that means...I NEED a new guitar. Period. My epi lp special II ain't cutting it. I need some suggestions for what to get. Something that is good to learn on, but will last. Price---I'd like to keep it under $500 USD. Some requirements are it must have a trem system, maple neck and fretboard, and H/H or H/S/H pups!!! It will be used mostly for rock/metal, although i might play some clean stuff. I know I'm picky. Get over it! jk All suggestions are greatly appreciated. thx
it will be hard to get a maple fretboard with HSH or HH pups...
only maybe a some king of a Tele but those don't have tremolo.

edit: if you get over that maple fretboard try looking at some Ibanez guitars...I personally hate them tho.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Last edited by Kozlic at Aug 25, 2008,
Jackson Dinky with maple neck and two humbuckers. Has a trem but any trem on a below500$ guitar will suck major ass
Quote by EyeHatePunks
Jackson Dinky with maple neck and two humbuckers. Has a trem but any trem on a below500$ guitar will suck major ass

Not if you go used.

Find an older ibanez rg570 off ebay. They run 300-400. Or a RG550 but your looking into 500-600$.

They have Ibanez Edge tremelos which in my opinion are the best trems to date. Better than an OFR if you ask me.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I like the look of the Jackson DK2M, little out of my price range now tho. thx anyway