I am looking for an HH guitar for modding, slide guitar, and just general tomfoolery that the singles on my strats can't handle.

What is my best bet in this range (I can stretch to 300, but i would rather not if it's not a large difference in quality)

Keep in mind I have a alot of guitar repair/maintanance experience, so i don't mind a guitar that needs new tuners, input jack, switch etc. I just need a good, solid body and neck thats not gonna give up on me (lol mini rick roll there....)

Thanks

EDIT *Sorry, im going to be out for a few hours so i cant respond for a while. I have considered the Epiphone LP 100, or a Ibanez GAX30. Either one any good?*
Last edited by hawk5211 at Aug 25, 2008,
How about a Epiphone SG-310? You can pick one up on E-Bay for close to $125 (or less) used. I owned one for a while and was definitely a sweet little guitar. Or for $300 even, you could put together a some what decent guitar yourself... part by part.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
G-400's have dropped in price a lot recently - I can pick one up for £200 UK, so $200 your side of the pond should be a piece of piss - Try one out in a store first, then buy online
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by sashki
LP100 and GAX both suck. I would consider a second hand guitar. The Epiphone G-400 is great, but probably out of yuor range...

get a used one

these guitars are awesome and only 300$
i a/b it with a gibson faded, gibson p90 and a gibson sg standard

this guitar felt like the standard (1600$ one) and it played pretty damn well. if it had a pickup change i think it would've outplayed the standard. it wiped the floor witht he p90 and faded

def greaty guitar get it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

hm, maybe an AL-2000?
EDIT: at $300 you can get a faded G-400 new.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
They're good, but the neck is thinner and the pickups are a tiny bit better (Epi and INF 3 and 4 pickups are...ugh).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by sashki
LP100 and GAX both suck. I would consider a second hand guitar. The Epiphone G-400 is great, but probably out of yuor range...

you can get a faded finish one for 300, others are 350.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^