So my amp has been playing up for a while now. It's hard to explain, but whenever I knock the lead in a certain way a really loud noise comes out of the amp, its almost like feedback but not quite. It's like the sound you get when you unplug the lead from the bass and touch it with your finger.

My uncle has been down from England the past few days (he's a with a wiz with all things electrical) and he said to open it up and take a look at the jack, because one of the wires may be loose. I tried that when I got home, I unscrewed the power amp unit from the top and tried to push it out that back, but you can't disconnect it from the speaker without severing a few wires, and there's no way of taking the top of the unit off. I screwed it back in place, switched it on, and now I'm not getting any sound out of it at all! I've tried a new battery, different bass, different lead, but it's the jack which is the problem. Can you guys help me?

My amp is a Crate BT50, but that's probably the reason for my problem.

Sorry for the long read, I tried to fit all the information in that I could.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Originally, I would hae said faulty lead. Seeing as you checked different leads, I would say faulty lead connection.

However, you have probably done something much more now.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I think I have the same issue as you with my Peavey Microbass amp which is probably around 10 years old. It only happens rarely when I bump the cord. I'm guessing the amp's input is corroded.
It could be the cable your using, one of my cables does that and also makes a fuzzy noise when I turn the amp on, although you've probably already checked that.
Quote by Sylvanus
It could be the cable your using, one of my cables does that and also makes a fuzzy noise when I turn the amp on, although you've probably already checked that.

Did you read what I wrote?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Did you read what I wrote?

Damn, I should quit skimming through posts more than a few sentences.

Anyways, I'd suggest taking it in now before you damage it even more, though that could cost alot.