Bring Forth The Power Of Flame!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
MG series tone is bad, unreliable, for the price of that stack, you could get a Roland Cube, or a Vox Valvetronix which are much better, more reliable and have a variety of amp models and effects.
apparently this one seems to get better reviews than the other MGs.

The worst MGs are the low end ones but the higher end ones are meant to be decent. I think anyway.
Quote by SecretAgentS
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG15MSII-Micro-Stack-101897007-i1145874.gc

I've been hearing mixed things about the mg series, but is this stack any good?

No MGs are good but they work...
Personally I would spend my money for something else.

but if you like the sound they give buy it for yourself but expect breakdowns...
Not really. You could do a lot better with $300, is that your budget? What kind of music do you play? Would you buy used?
It sounds slammin', and it has crushing overdrive!
Boost it with a Metal Zone to make it even crushing...ier.

/sarcastic

No, don't get it. There's much better for the price.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Mr.Kvx10
apparently this one seems to get better reviews than the other MGs.

The worst MGs are the low end ones but the higher end ones are meant to be decent. I think anyway.

See, that's the thing! There are no higher-end MGs, there are just more expensive ones.
Please, do yourself a favor and buy a valvetronix or cube 30. You'll thank us for advice when you actually compare those amps to an mg.
Before you listen to anyone on here though, try it for yourself. UG is notorious for recycling info they hear in one thread and transferring it to another. You may find you like the sound of it... just like how some people like the sound of their Spider III's, and others would rather wipe their ass with it.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Out of all the MG's I've had to endure playing be it at school or w/e this one was the best. Its your decision, but MG's, Spiders and the like get so much bad press around this parts (some deserved, some not).

But try it and if you like it then buy it, although I personally wouldn't but hey its your money
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Its totally not worth 300 dollar. All it is, is the smallest MG put into head form with two crapy cabs with crapy 10 inch speakers, you could do a lot better with your money. Roland Cube, Vox Valvetronic, really if you like the staked look, a epiphone valve Jr, or add 100 dollars, and get a peavey Valveking, it really beats everything in this price range, and would completly disimate the MG. I not a huge fan of the VK, but for 400 bucks, their is not a better sounding new tube amp in this price range.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
FTR - I suffered through college with an MG, it sucked, it broke, I got a new amp. The "new amp" was the best part of the entire episode. So, please try it next to another amp mentioned in this thread - other than the spider. Then come back and tell us your thoughts. Thanks.
I've plugged into one of those. To this day still the worst amp i've ever heard. The little 10 watt amp that comes with Esteban packages has better tone.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
The other guitarist in my band has one, so I hear the MG all the time, and it is honestly the worst amp I have ever heard in person. Even my little $100 practice amp sounds better than his MG100.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
It says marshall on it, it must be good
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
It's a super good amp dude. It's versatile for all kids of music. The gain is really smooth on it and it sounds SOOO full. It's also made by Marshall, so its going to be really good. I also hear that they NEVER break down. Plus, Zakk Wylde uses one.

GO FOR IT!!!!

EDIT - I know MGs arent good, but you kids saying they have the worst tone you have ever heard is most likely bull**** and your just riding the forum boner on MG hating. The amps arent that bad, just over priced.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Last edited by TehFluffy at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button, newbie.

search button

Anyway MGs suck, just get a Roland Cube 60/Peavey Valve King/Peavey Classic 30/*other stock UG response*.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
The only MG I would get would be a 30DFX, which is what my second amp was a while ago, and it was absolutely FINE.

Seriously, there was NOTHING wrong with it.

I could get fine blues tones out of it with my Strat.
Quote by JMTrio134
The only MG I would get would be a 30DFX, which is what my second amp was a while ago, and it was absolutely FINE.

Seriously, there was NOTHING wrong with it.

I could get fine blues tones out of it with my Strat.

Gah you're lucky, mg MG30DFX broke down twice, but I replaced it with a Vox Valvetronix
heres the problem: that amp is not worth $300. maybe if it was a third of the price you could justify getting it, but its not. MGs dont just not sound good, they dont sound good and cost too much because of the Marshall logo. so basicly, dont get that amp.