Hello everyone. So I have played acoustic guitar for a long time and I'm finally getting an electric guitar....It is a Fender Strat....The music I will be playing is mostly classic rock, umm zeppelin, pink floyd, ac/dc, hendrix, etc....so since I know nothing about amps I was wondering what kind would fit my style of play, and I dont know how expensive they are so could I get a decent amp for less than 200?
You won't get something you can gig with (at least, nothing phenomenal) for <200. If you're not afraid to order off the internet, www.guitarcenter.com is having a huge special on Crate V18s - they're going for $150 or so and would be perfect for your style.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
dollars? you could probably get a roland micro cube or a VOX AC15
micro cube only weighs 3kg and is extremelyy portable
have a look at the reviews section
Acoustic Solutions
50W
£49.99
Argos
Sarcasm is beautiful, think about it.
Alright thanks, yeah I had no idea how much they costs so I was hoping 200 dollars would buy me a midrange amp.
A good midrange amp would be:

Fender Blues Junior $479 (but u would need an OD pedal too, so it would cost total $500-$600)

Peavey Classic 30 $599, this is perfect for classic rock...its all tube and its all good

Idk...get a tube amp. If you really can't then get the Vox Valvetronix series amps.
"(Monster cable)....oh they're durable. You can
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
Quote by libertines4ever
don@t get a cheap behringer amp

The only time a behringer amp is worth the money is when you steal it. Even then...
yeah, a cube or a vox sounds like your best bet
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial