Hi Guys,

ive been given an assignment to learn 2 grade 5 pieces on guitar. Now i dont know were to start with grades and have no clue wich songs would fit :P

So could you give me as many songs as possible wich are grade 5 standard

Prefferebly Rock and Metal but jazz, blues, acoutic etc .. are Very Very welcom

Thanks alot guys
xXx
dude ?? have you ever had a casual coversation while having sex??

male:
" so erm .. wot do you think of bbc1 ?"
female:
" AAHHHH SH*T !!!! SH*T !!!!! "

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.

HAHAHA ^^^ :P

Quote by sxymnky777
How would you grade a song?

Yeah.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
....there's got to be some kind of rubric or system given to you by whoever gave you this assignment. There's no grading system for music that's universally accepted
there are grades???
wtf?
could someone give me like an equivilant of a song at each grade?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by markodeano1
Rock n' Roll by Led Zep is classified as Grade 8 by Trinity

that was a filthy lie and you fell for it
Phish Phan
DeadHead
Moe.ron
If there's a jam out there, I'm probably listening to it.

Check out the Bodatious Banana Extravaganza: http://myspace.com/bbeboston
Deliverance - Opeth.

I have no clue what grade this song would be, but it's amazing all the same.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
adotothewhatnow?
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
www.rockschool.co.uk

If you don't want to buy any of their grade books, have a look at the criteria for free choice pieces on the website. This lists the stuff that a piece should have for it to be a certain grade. Hope that helps.
i highly doubt that rock n roll is grade 8
no offence to jimmy page, but his guitar skills are **** compared to that of say... matteo carcassi

i did stairway to heaven as a grade 4 song

and no there really isnt any universal grading system, your teacher should've helped you out with choosing the songs

but grade 5 i'd try looking at some classical pieces, the only thing i can think of at the moment is moonlight sonata for classical guitar, but thats like grade 7
is this on electric guitar yeh?
well in the UK grades are very well known to anyone who plays music at any level who isn't a complete idiot basicly
The associated board exams are the most accepted grading system, they set the standard for grades, how ever that is for eveer instrument accept electric guitar and bass. there is classical guitar how ever

on the electric guitar the NQA ( national qualifications authority) say that the rock school guitar grades are equivalent, but im difficulty to learn they are not, how ever this is the guide i would go with for u. buy a rock school grade 5 book, about 15quid, and learn two songs u like from there, its in tab as well and notation for the mentaly challenged out there, and comes with backing cd

how ever if he/she means grade 5 Associated board, although most people accept musicaly the rock school is equal, in the ease to learn to that standard is diffrent, there for also the diffficulty.
e.g. i have been playing trombone for going on 6 years, and i am at grade 7 ( 1-8) on associated board exams, and thats above the standard most people achieve after that time

but i have been playing guitar for 1 and a half years and im just finsihing grade 5 on rock school. basicly because guitar is insanly easy to learn as apose to most other instruments, the only one i can say is as easy to learn is piano i think, mainly cause they the only instruments where you can see all the "keys" and can basicly see scales ect laid out in front of u, and patterns are very easy to SEE. where as most other ( not string instruments) you need to just learn everything speratly mainly, not always

how ever back to the point, if u are to learn a grade 5 peices (s) then get a rock school book at grade 5 level and learn 2 from there easy, u will be done with in about 10min if u have a bone of talent in your body

sorry about spelling, i no its tyerrible
I'm pretty sure Edge of Thorns by Savatage would be a Grade OVER 9000 but don't quote me on that.
Quote by markodeano1
Rock n' Roll by Led Zep is classified as Grade 8 by Trinity

No. I wouldn't even classify that as Grade 5 standard.

TS, when I think of some I will post back.

To manwithaplan. Real guitar grades aren't easy, but Rockschool is, because it's a joke grade system, and I don't understand how it can be taken seriously. It pretty much mocks the efforts made by classical musicians doing their grades, or even guitarists on a different exam board.
This grading sh1t is so stupid, its all classified about playing songs, not theory right?
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Steve The Plank

No. I wouldn't even classify that as Grade 5 standard.

TS, when I think of some I will post back.

To manwithaplan. Real guitar grades aren't easy, but Rockschool is, because it's a joke grade system, and I don't understand how it can be taken seriously. It pretty much mocks the efforts made by classical musicians doing their grades, or even guitarists on a different exam board.

thats wht im saying " it will take u 10mins" rock school is insanly easy, i no i am grade 5 rock school cause thats the only rock school i have played as i need it for my adv higher music.

it is insanly easy, how ever the associated board exams are well standarded, how ever its all for classical, no electric.#
i dont play classical guitar, how ever play alot of classical music on the trombone, and did alot on piano before i switched to playing jazz and blues on piano and gave up lessons at grade 7, but yes i agree rock school exams are a joke, but thats the accepted grade 5 level for electric guitar, dunnno how they get away with it, but if i can play that and get 30% of my adv higher alone by doing it im not going to complain!!!! haha, how the other 70 is ****ing solid
Get a grade 5 book from a board. Trinity or Rockschool.

Its very hard to grade actual songs tbh.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Every RockSchool basher:

Shut up, seriously. It's widely accepted, which means that some form of expert must have looked at it and given approval. If the songs in there are too "easy", then stop being a moron and buy a higher level grade book.