I'm going to NY in a few days for a week and i'm going to see the main sights, its my first time so i'm going to see the touristy stuff, eg Liberty, Empire State.
To any people in UG who live in NY or go there reguarly, are there places i should look for or are interesting and not that touristy?
Any good guitar shops?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Theres a wax museum near Times Square
its awesome thye got wax of johnny cash, jimi hendrix, elvis, ozzy..just so many

its a fun thing to do if youre bored over there
their is a candy store, near times square i think. from outside it looks glorious and abundant in size, but once you go inside you'll notice it's very tiny. new york's greatest **** tease.
I just got back from Manhattan last week. It was my first time as well.

Best Italian restaurant I've ever eaten is called "Joe G's"

Best sushi I've ever eaten- "Rubi Foo's"

There are some good guitar shops all within a block of each other. Sam Ash, Manny's (the best), and some other one I don't remember. (Google them for directions)

Supposedly one of the world's largest guitar centers is there too. Didn't get to go.

Virgin records in time square is amazing. They have EVERYTHING.

Ground Zero was very moving, Central park was cool (make sure to get a tour guide or you wont know what ANYTHING is), the empire state building was breath-taking at night.

Oh yeah, west of central park is "the dakota". It's a building that famous people live in. It's the building where John lennon was shot right in front of the gate. Across from the Dakota in central park is Strawberry fields, a memorial to John Lennon.
Mmm I love the city. I only get there like once every 2 months though...

I like to go to Times Square, lots of sights and shops, quite a few guitar shops all in close proximity.

My favorite places are misdtown and downtown. Downtown has Chinatown and Little Italy, great shops and food respectively.

In Midtown there is basically stuff to do everywhere.

Central Park is AMAZING. So big, so much to do.

I love the atmosphere.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
well for bargains and cheap knockoffs of designer bags/shirts/belts/sunglaasses or w/e go to China Town. its a nice place to go clothes shopping. also, there are flea markets around in different places at different times so you can find out if there are any while youre there and buy some little things here and there.

guitar shops -- sadly all we have is guitar center and sam ash. there is a semi big guitar shop called 30th street guitars on 30th street, but i've never been there.

see a broadway show.

take a run in central park. its huge and there are some places that are absolutely stunning. and usually not that crowded (only some places where there are teams practicing soccer or baseball)

walk in times square at night. its super crowded, but famous for its lights and signs.

go to the bronx zoo. its like half an hour from the city but i think its the biggest zoo in the country. pretty cool

museum of natural history

there are some nice beaches, such as coney island

if youre into seafood, it might be a 45 minute drive from the city or so, but go to City Island. its filled with restaurants of GREAT seafood. might be a little crowded on the weekends

and you can chill with me in the bronx . nah, jk, i dont wanna get raped by someone i met on the internet.

if i remember anything more, i'll post here again. NY is great
book a plane and fly to heathrow
get a train to hull

what more can i say
hull is where it happens
i think you mispelt hull.
To user above above, thanks alot, i plan to look at guitar center to see what all the fuss is about on UG.
The muesium of naturl history is where i want to go in the first few days.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
btw in the city you'll see small carts labeled "NUTS 4 NUTS". TRY THEM. its like $2 for a pack but theyre really good and i think NYC is known for them. if youre allergic to nuts...sorry
Quote by a6l6e6x1
book a plane and fly to heathrow
get a train to hull

what more can i say
hull is where it happens

DAMN RIGHT!
Just walk around (not at night though ) The best places are holes in the wall.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by Royal Celebi
Go to the Pokemon Center. It's definitely worth your while.

Do this.

Now.

Don't think.

Just do it.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha