Hello. I just bought a Jaguar off ebay, which arrived today. The passive mode works great and is as desired. However, when I turn it on active mode, I get a HORRIBLE high pitched ear piercing squeal. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I'm really concerned right now and a solution would be great. Thanks...
I hate to be incredibly unhelpful but the solution is get your money back and buy a guitar thats you've tried in a shop.
was it an eBay shop? If it is it shouldnt be as hard to get replaced/fixed, if not, try your best with ebay and the seller. If the worst comes to worst, take it to a shop or luthier and see if they can find out whats wrong.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
ebay? really?

don't buy basses on ebay man.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ugh, I've played a Jaguar in real life so I thought I'd just buy one used. It's in good condition and the guy seemed nice, I'd find it hard to believe that he'd just pawn me off some non-working bass. The passive mode is still nice, but I need to get my moneys worth...
as a rule, everyone's nice to a man willing to give them money.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Before trying to get your money back, maybe try replacing the battery?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Before trying to get your money back, maybe try replacing the battery?

+1
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Aye, replaced the battery before you guys did. Also turns out the switch is a bit loose. You have to press in while switching to work. But the bass does work, and works well. Sorry for the worries.
625 + 50 dollar shipping. But it came in a hardshell case and is practically brand new condition. Well worth it except the stupid switch.
Bloody hell thats cheap! I'd have to pay 625 in GBP which are worth nearly twice as much as a dollar!!