i was looking at some 30 watt amps but my dad told me that it would be better if i got something with a higher wattage in case i wanted to play shows and stuff like that.

at the moment im looking at 50/75 watt amps. but i dont want to spend over £250 unless i have to.

i like the look of the line 6 spider iii 75 and the vox AD50VT. but i would like more suggestions of amps

at the moment i have a 15 watt amp. i play rock, punk metal and metalcore and other stuff like blues in my lessons.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
i love vox so naturally i say save some money and get.....a mesa lonestar.... haha, the vox vt amps were solid amps, but if you play more heavy stuff the line 6 might be a better option for you
a 30, 50, or 75 watt amp (solid state) wouldn't be good enough for shows anyway. And i would say the only amp under £250 good enough to play live shows is a Peavey Valveking. A 50 watt 1x12 all valve combo. Will be VERY loud.
Don't get the line 6, my bro has a 75w and played it on 5 or 6 at a school talent show and it sounded like garbage. The vox seems like a better choice, but I don't have experience with the 50w.
^^ yeah but i dont want to go spending loads of money on a really loud amp and then not ever using it for a show, chances are i will only play small shows anyway. but i want an amp that i will be able to use for a show if i have to.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by KingDev
Don't get the line 6, my bro has a 75w and played it on 5 or 6 at a school talent show and it sounded like garbage. The vox seems like a better choice, but I don't have experience with the 50w.

how long ago was this?

the only thing that concerns me about the ad50vt is that in all the recent reviews people say its a bit unreliable

Quote by _bacon_

low end vox is unreliable garbage. somebody told me there's a cheap mod that'll fix that, but i still wouldn't buy it.
anyway, you need 75-100 watts solid state if you want to be heard over a drummer.
tube, about 50 watts would be fine. maybe even 30, but that's assuming a quiet drummer (and you're playing metal).
as a rule, tube amps sound better when they're cranked, while solid states sound worse as they get louder. you want enough power to not only be heard, but to sound good as well.
it really depends where you play. some smaller venues have a pa to mic you up with. others don't. you're better off assuming they won't.
Everyone loves Roland Cubes, what about the 60 watt model of that? Well under your price limit too.
^ so your saying that if i got the line 6 it would be good at low volume but would sound bad at aa higher volume.

but my 15 watt amp can be heard over a drummer with out full volume

Quote by _bacon_

What kind of music do you play, and would you buy used in order to get a better amp cheaper? And 30 watts (tube watts not belguim watts ) is probably all you need unless you need a lot of clean headroom.
can you be heard well, or does it sound like it's lost in the mix? i'm sure you can hear yourself if you're standing close to the amp, but can anyone really hear you from ten or fifteen feet away? i doubt it. at least not clearly.
Quote by gonzosrevenge55
can you be heard well, or does it sound like it's lost in the mix? i'm sure you can hear yourself if you're standing close to the amp, but can anyone really hear you from ten or fifteen feet away? i doubt it. at least not clearly.

when i play my 15 watt clean at higher volumes it starts sounding distorted. so yeah sometimes it sounds lost in the mix. but thats why i want a new amp

Quote by _bacon_