I've looked it up a million times but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right
is sweep picking just up and down strokes? I want to sweep like Corey Beaulieu from Trivium. please help =[
you really really need to click this, and register: Music forum
Okay, first of all you cant expect to just learn how do an advanced technique very quickly, mastering sweeping, alt picking, etc, takes years of practice.

But if you start slow and work on playing as clean as possible, you will progress.

Im no expert on sweeping, but the trick is to "sweep" the pick up or down as lightly and smoothly as possible.

Also dont fret the note until you are going to play it, and use your right hand to mute unplayed strings
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
Okay, first of all you cant expect to just learn how do an advanced technique very quickly, mastering sweeping, alt picking, etc, takes years of practice.

But if you start slow and work on playing as clean as possible, you will progress.

Im no expert on sweeping, but the trick is to "sweep" the pick up or down as lightly and smoothly as possible.

Also dont fret the note until you are going to play it, and use your right hand to mute unplayed strings

this.

there is a thread for it, but i don't think it explains it very well. i was just trying to be helpful by posting that.

but yeah, what this guy said. that pretty much is as simple as it gets.

try learning duncan hills coffee by dethklok. great beginner sweeping song.