well, everytime i try to pull off a pinch harmonic, for some reason, it is real quiet compared to the normal notes. its not because of the amp of pickups i have, or how i have my amp tunned, because the same thing happens on an acoustic or unpluged guitar.

anyone know how to fix this problem??

edit: by the way, rather then the decible level, it has great tone
Go to the Ultimate Pinch Harmonic Thread. You'll find it in the searchbar somewhere.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Aug 25, 2008,
pinch harmonics are really the only trhing id class myself as good at.
it just takes practice i know youve heard that over and over but its true
just get the angle right and use more for force when picking it than a normal note.
They're normally quieter, but the way you put it, I think your problem is either #1. You're putting to much pressure from your finger to the string causing it to push out the harmonic, but have no loud sustain due to a stop in vibration, or #2. You don't have enough distorted output, lol. Try changing it up a bit, and see what happens.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by HighPotency
Use the bridge pickup. That is the secret to good sounding pinches.

+1...on both of my guitars, and any guitar that I recall playing pinches on, the bridge pickup makes the pinch sound louder and gives it a bit more squeel....and like the guy above the guy I quoted said, if you use vibretto when you pinche, it makes the note sustain much longer (obviously), and just sounds pretty nifty in general.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.