I am looking around for a new guitar and was just wondering if the KH-202 is worth buying or is there better guitars at the same price range?

Can not live without metal!!!!!!
Yes. If you're looking for an ESP with the M body style, like the Hammett Guitar, the M-200FM may be perfect for you. The finish is beautiful, it's still got the same double-locking tremolo, but it's a set-neck rather than a bolt-on which is really great to have. The same high-output pickups, which are designed by EMG. It lacks the second volume knob though that the KH-202 has. But it'd definitely be a better buy for the money. Well, that's it. Hope it helped.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

I dont know about other alternatives but i tried the KH-202 and its a very solid guitar. The tremolo is quite good, dont whammy the hell out of it though, i dont think its got locking tuners. The pickups sounded good, best for metal. Neck was very fast, body was light. My only complaint was the one i tried had a volume drop issue on the bridge pickup, i couldnt figure out why even when they were both turned up at full. I'm sure its fine on their other guitars, but just check it over
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage