well there have been many threads about this and i've decided my favorite acoustic guitar in my price range is the washburn d10. i'm unsure if i want the acoustic only or the acoustic electric one. i don't plan on ever plugging it in, but my friend is telling me that i'll regret it if i'm ever going to gig/record with it, which is understandable. does the electric version sound the same as the acoustic one when unplugged? because i know that plugged in, it won't have the exact same sound but my main concern is not having as nice of an acoustic sound. i'm not crazy about the cutaway on the electric one, but the tuner isn't bad, and being able to plug in can never hurt you.any opinions/suggestions on which to buy?

feel free to leave feedback on the guitar also - it's been voted as the #1 guitar under $500.
I own the 12 string version of this guitar. It's pretty solid, and it sounds good unplugged. Plugged in, however, the tone is ruined. Save up for a decent microphone if you ever want to record and save money on the electronics now.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Why have you decided on the D10s? Because you played lots of guitars and like it best? Or because it was "voted best under $500?

I own a D10S, and can assure you it is not the best guitar under $500. I would look at other gits in your price range if you haven't done so.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
i've been comparing prices and features for a bunch of guitars and that's the one i liked best for my price range...what else are you suggesting?
I'm suggesting actually going to play guitars in your price range, instead of ust looking at specs and utterly unreliable reviews online.

Try checking out the Under $300 thread for some good suggestions.
yea i checked it out...the only other one i'm interested in from there is the alvarez rd20s, but the problem is i'm lefty so i basically can't play anything at the stores. i wish there still was the best guitar under $500.00, they should've left that one and added the 300, not taken out the 500 thread. but yea anyone else gimme a good suggestion. i'm also looking at cosmetics, and that's why i don't like some others. i like normal shaped guitars liek the d10 and rd20, normal shaped pickguards and bridges like that, and not a weird headstock liek some of the other ones in the under 300 thread.
If youre going to get a Washburn D10, get the standard acoustic. Acoustic-electrics in this price range generally have poor quality electronics and the D10 is no exception.
You can always add a pick-up at a later date if you wish.
Quote by dbl93100
i'm also looking at cosmetics, and that's why i don't like some others. i like normal shaped guitars liek the d10 and rd20, normal shaped pickguards and bridges like that, and not a weird headstock liek some of the other ones in the under 300 thread.

Look, obviously you're going to buy whatever guitar you want. But I really think you're going about this in the wrong way.

Now, I understand that since you are a lefty, there might not be as many guitars available for you to play at shops. But you should still try.

And the cosmetics coment.. Really, with an acoustic guitar, you have to be more concerned with sound. You can't ust pop in some new pickups and completely change an acoustic's sound. What you hear is what you get. You need to make sure you get a guitar that sounds good. Not necessarily one that looks good. Although both would be nice.

Finally, if you really want a recommendation for around $500, for plugging in, look at some Takamines. A little bit more than $500, i think, can get you an Epiphone Masterbilt, which are great guitars.
I own a D12s electric/acoustic(very similar to the d10s), I never thought i would use the plugin, but it can be really useful for recording and also just fun to play over an amp with a few effects.
I Dont Own A Washburn Guitar - But I Do Own A Stagg Western guitar, Accoustic. I'ts A Pretty Good Guitar That, Is Pretty High Quality Guitar, Especially for A Begginer, Like Myself.
ZZZ x LEEMO x ZZZ