I've started analyzing the song climbing up the ladder by the isley brothers as there is no tab for it anywhere that I could find. At around the 26 second mark in the video below there is what I think is a bassline. I have been trying to tab it out for guitar but there is a note that I can't really tell what it is. I need some help. Here are the two interpretations that I have come up with for the beginning of that riff:

e----------------------------------------------
b----------------------------------------------
g----------------------------------------------
d----------------------------------------------
a---3h5--5---3h5--5-----------------------
E--------------------------0--1--------------

or

e----------------------------------------------
b----------------------------------------------
g----------------------------------------------
d----------------------------------------------
a---3h5--5---3h5--5-----------------------
E--------------------------3--1---------------

here's the video and thanks for your help: video
Yea it's about that one note. I couldn't tell if the open E was played and then the F or if a G note was played followed by the F. Basically, I couldn't tell whether that one note was an E or a G.
Quote by rockadoodle
Yea it's about that one note. I couldn't tell if the open E was played and then the F or if a G note was played followed by the F. Basically, I couldn't tell whether that one note was an E or a G.

E all the way.
Awesome. Thanks for that clarification. I'm almost certain the other part of the tab is correct but I couldn't quite distinguish whether that one note was the E or the G. It was too low and too quick for me to pick up on.