Poll Options
View poll results: Brothels to be legalised
yes
87 73%
no
32 27%
Voters: 119.
Page 1 of 2
I've been thinking about this ever since they did a channel 4 show about it, should Brothels be legalised? is it a step too far or do you think that through this working girls will be made safer? Also give reasons why

Would tarrifs be a good idea and will it be able to stop the use of drugs and slowly rot away the influrence of gangs and pimps?
Last edited by BassmasterGreg at Aug 25, 2008,
Surely that would just mean even MORE illegal brothels, under the guise of legal ones.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Whats a brothel?
Quote by Metallicaxp
why would you buy hollister? Wal-mart FTW!
Did this channel consist of two old dears perusing the streets of Holland and such?
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
The UK needs to encourage people to have babies to combat the whole aging population proplem, not to be shagging dead eyed women who've been forced into a life they never asked for or wanted.

It's like saying living an existence of despair is ok.
Brothels are legal. Look up 'massage parlours' in the yellow pages.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I really don't see the big deal about brothels. Personally, not my type of thing, don't really need sex especially if it was on a tariff, but the unlucky ones out there would be able to get their end away on pay day.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by OddOneOut
Surely that would just mean even MORE illegal brothels, under the guise of legal ones.

Awesome!
ohai little sig.
Quote by freedoms_stain
The UK needs to encourage people to have babies to combat the whole aging population proplem, not to be shagging dead eyed women who've been forced into a life they never asked for or wanted.

It's like saying living an existence of despair is ok.

its alright chavs have plenty babies for everyone else. in 30 years it will be a nation of benefit cheats and old people and the rest are working slaves.
It's not just women who work in brothels you know, there are brothels for women.

But I wouldn't be against it, so long as it had strict rules like std checks on patrons and the "staff" and if it was taxed.
I think it's a great idea, just look at amsterdam they're doing great.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The question is, would your mum handle it, ohoho....

In all fairness, i thin ktheres nothing like a good brothell to keep kids of the street!
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Do they check the customers for like aids or anything before they can go to one?
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Quote by Rocking-Rob
It's not just women who work in brothels you know, there are brothels for women.

But I wouldn't be against it, so long as it had strict rules like std checks on patrons and the "staff" and if it was taxed.

"Good evening, hi. I'm looking to have sex with a mature man. And could I have fifty pounds cashback?"
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Kensai
I think it's a great idea, just look at amsterdam they're doing great.

Yeah and the massive increase in person smuggling since prostitution became legal.

Legalising what the pimps doesn't make it any better, they're still criminals.

It should be illegal to solicit sex, not illegal to be a prostitute.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I can just picture the future of the British highstreet, one of those "metro" supermarket type things with a post-office and a knocking-shop in the back in every town and village in the country.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I can just picture the future of the British highstreet, one of those "metro" supermarket type things with a post-office and a knocking-shop in the back in every town and village in the country.

Screw that. If brothels become legal, we finally have something to replace Little Chef with.
Quote by meh!
Yeah and the massive increase in person smuggling since prostitution became legal.

Legalising what the pimps doesn't make it any better, they're still criminals.

It should be illegal to solicit sex, not illegal to be a prostitute.

Well la-di-da if it isn't Mr. Know-it-all

Say what you will but the netherlands have lower crimerates than the UK.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

It's because it's very flat, you can see the criminals coming from miles away.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Screw that. If brothels become legal, we finally have something to replace Little Chef with.
Little Tart?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Exactly. Leave the kids in the creche on the way back from Scarborough and have rampant starnger sex. With unlimited coffee refills.
I still think the idea of a Royal Mail shag n shop is superior.

You can get your frozen pizza, pay the gas bill and have your knob polished all under one roof.
Quote by freedoms_stain

You can get your frozen pizza, pay the gas bill and have your knob polished all under one roof.

If I EVER see a sign outside the Royal Mail sorting office saying "gorgeous, real postmistresses waiting inside", I honestly think life will be complete.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Wouldn't you get your frozen goods after bumping uglies? It might defrost!
Quote by Kensai

It is indeed ,He likes to come and ruin your brothel based fun :p;

Lol, pot and hookers; what a country
i think they should. it would bring down the rape numbers a little bit, well it would stop the non-psychotic ones from turning to the psychotic side. i think its healthy to have brothels as long as its not being use to cheat on another person.
Quote by MightyAl
Wouldn't you get your frozen goods after bumping uglies? It might defrost!
Don't worry, you can do it in any order you like
Quote by convictionless
i think they should. it would bring down the rape numbers a little bit, well it would stop the non-psychotic ones from turning to the psychotic side. i think its healthy to have brothels as long as its not being use to cheat on another person.
Rape is rarely premeditated, and it's usually about power rather than sex.
Personally I think we should. I've never contemplated visiting a prostitute, and I don;t think I ever will, but I can't imagine what the opponents of legalisation think about the 5 women murdered last year in England, not to mention the many deaths in Ireland and elsewhere of prostitutes forced to work the streets with all the risk that entails.
Women are often currently held in bondage by pimps in the sex trafficking industry, legalisation will end this torture.
Many people who say we shouldn't legalize prostitution label those who support it as "women haters". This is the same as the way some Israelis accuse their critics of being anti-Semitic if they dare to criticize their governments barbaric policies in Palestine.

In the words of a lapdancer
"These women talk about empowering women but what they really mean is giving us the power to do to do only the things that they want us to do. That's not empowerment. it's just another form of slavery. It's bullying and abusive. They complain about men oppressing women, but they want to do the same".
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
obv not where would i got on ***** wednesday... my themed days of the week would be ****ed well i suppose i could have wig wednesday and still have tart teusday and slut saturday
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Personally I think we should. I've never contemplated visiting a prostitute, and I don;t think I ever will, but I can't imagine what the opponents of legalisation think about the 5 women murdered last year in England, not to mention the many deaths in Ireland and elsewhere of prostitutes forced to work the streets with all the risk that entails.
Women are often currently held in bondage by pimps in the sex trafficking industry, legalisation will end this torture.
Many people who say we shouldn't legalize prostitution label those who support it as "women haters". This is the same as the way some Israelis accuse their critics of being anti-Semitic if they dare to criticize their governments barbaric policies in Palestine.

In the words of a lapdancer
"These women talk about empowering women but what they really mean is giving us the power to do to do only the things that they want us to do. That's not empowerment. it's just another form of slavery. It's bullying and abusive. They complain about men oppressing women, but they want to do the same".

The idea that brothel's will make prostitution safe and dandy is false. Look at Australia where there are still illegal brothels and the legal brothels are about as bad anyway. Prostitutes should be free to go to the police (prostitution shouldn't be illegal) but buying sex should not be legal. Also, countries that legalise brothels after they're illegal show a big jump in illegalg people trafficking.
I think the introduction of brothels would have advantages.

1) Prostitutes would be off the streets, and would thus be better protected.
2) It could be made compulsory for the girls to have STD checks.
3) Contraception would be easily available.
4) A possible source of tax for the government.

Everyone's safer and happier.
Of course, they put the Spring in Springfield!
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Page 1 of 2