Has anyone had experience with these basses? I'm looking(and I mean REALLY looking) at an Ocean 4String unlined fretless. And I was wondering if I could get some first-hand long term experience with these basses.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

They're fantastic. I haven't owned one, but I used to work at gc and I played one there, like, every day. It was sweet.
yes. first off, they are made by guitar center. second, the maple and the bartolini soapbars don't mix well in my opinion. that is just preference though. second, those bartolini pickups are excellent. some companies that sell thousand dollar basses use them.
next, the preamp is very versatile. I like preamps. finally, that finish is very easy to chip. so be careful. you want it to stay pretty, right?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I would like it to stay fairly pretty ,yes.
I'm really careful with my instruments. Like more careful than I should be.

So I think I may be set on it.
If you can explain in detail about the wood and pickups(even though it's just a preference, and myself I think it sounds really nice), and why it is unappealing? Just to cover the bases.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

ok. bartolinis are really warm pickups, and have a very smooth tone. maple is a very bright punchy wood. so, the one thing the pickups are really good at softened by the brightness of the wood, and the one thing the wood is good at is weakened by the pickups.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I played one of them at guitar center before and I thought that it was really well put together and it felt great! Imo, a very good bass!