As title states what is the best single coil for downtuned metal riffage?
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

BKP Trilogy Suite?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well....slow down tuned metal riffage....I've seen some doom metal bands using P90s if that counts

otherwise Bareknuckle have a single coil with a downright insane amount of output for a single coil

your best bet is probably one of the singlecoil sized buckers....or just get a proper humbucker :-/
Its going in a strat and i dont really want to rout it

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Quote by umbrellacorp

Most strats are pre-routed for humbuckers, check under the pickguard.
what strat? many have routings for humbuckers underneath the pickgaurd
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
If you're going to be doing metal stuff with it, then you'd probably want to look in to stacked singlecoils (for hum-cancelling) or possibly singlecoil-sized humbuckers. A regular singlecoil with a lot of gain will produce quite a lot of noise.
Quote by umbrellacorp

Ah, well in this case you should look at SD hot rails or the Dimarzio equivalents, they're just humbuckers in single coil form, hum canceling with the possibility of coil splitting.
Quote by umbrellacorp

Most strats should be routed for at least HSS under the pickguard, you'd just need to buy a new pickguard.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by rancidryan
what strat? many have routings for humbuckers underneath the pickgaurd

Its a squier. I don't want to do alot of alternate tunings with my dkmg because of the floyd rose.

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Quote by umbrellacorp
Its a squier. I don't want to do alot of alternate tunings with my dkmg because of the floyd rose.

Squiers generally have the block routing, which means you could even go as far as converting it to HHH if you wanted. So you could just get a new scratchplate and a full-sized humbucker. That way, your options are much greater.
you could add a push/pull pot or a mini switch and be able to have the bridge and middle wired in series, essentially a HB, but with the coils further apart
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you could add a push/pull pot or a mini switch and be able to have the bridge and middle wired in series, essentially a HB, but with the coils further apart

this is true, and it would also be hum-cancelling due to the reverse wind of the middle pickup. So it would be a kind of like having a massive humbucker, it should give a really ballsy tone as well.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.