Hey everyone, i got a question.

I bought a Fender Starter pack awhile ago, so i have a Squire and a Fender frontman 15G.

I was wondering what a good new amp (under $150) could possibly be, and a small one at that as i carry it around to peoples homes often.

I use an RP50 multi-effects pedal.
roland micro cube
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Microcube, Micro spider etc...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I would personally recommend an Epiphone Valve Junior and some sort of Overdrive pedal. I'm not going to lie and say it was a great tone, because it wasn't. Honestly, without the OD pedal, the tone was pretty warm, but still somewhat dull. But for a decent tone on a budget, I'd definitely go for it. That, or dish out the extra $50 for a Blackheart Head (forgot the model, but it has a 3 band EQ, more than the valve Junior, which only has a volume knob). Just be aware that I've never tried out the Blackheart head, though I've been meaning to >.<, so you should probably test it out yourself. Honestly, test out anything and everything you think about buying on suggestions from UG'ers. It's all about your personal preference, not someone else's.

Considering you have the Digitech RP 50, I wouldn't go for something like the Microcube assuming you actually want to use the RP50, as the Microcube has built in effects (correct me if I'm wrong).
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by Mlrc
I would personally recommend an Epiphone Valve Junior and some sort of Overdrive pedal. I'm not going to lie and say it was a great tone, because it wasn't. Honestly, without the OD pedal, the tone was pretty warm, but still somewhat dull. But for a decent tone on a budget, I'd definitely go for it. That, or dish out the extra $50 for a Blackheart Head (forgot the model, but it has a 3 band EQ, more than the valve Junior, which only has a volume knob). Just be aware that I've never tried out the Blackheart head, though I've been meaning to >.<, so you should probably test it out yourself. Honestly, test out anything and everything you think about buying on suggestions from UG'ers. It's all about your personal preference, not someone else's.

Considering you have the Digitech RP 50, I wouldn't go for something like the Microcube assuming you actually want to use the RP50, as the Microcube has built in effects (correct me if I'm wrong).

+1

If you're using the RP50 then there's no point getting something with onboard effects. you just want something that at least provides a workable base tone for you to play with.

If you use your RP50 on the distortion channel of your amp it does NOT sound great, trust me. If you run a multi FX into a distorted SS amp you get excessive noise and feedback and it sounds like crap...you just don't realise yet because you've never had anything that sounds better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com