i drilled incorrect holes for my strats neck pocket, so what should i use to fill them ( keeping in mind the new holes will be relativly close, so they need to be strong).

also how should i work out the spacing of the holes to make the neckplate completly level on both planes ?

thanks in advance
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
Quote by Invader Jim
Jam a bunch of toothpics in there then sand them flush and cover with wood filler, then sand that flush.

Or a dowel or something, but yea.

If you dont have toothpicks i would suggest epoxy mixed with the wood shavings on the floor. Fill the holes entirely, letting a little ooze out in order to sand it smooth.

Good luck
sharpen then end of a piece of wood with a knife jam it in with some glue snap it off sand flush and move to the next one thats what i did and it is perfect.
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
^ that's what everyone is saying.

it works.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
good, so this method will make the old holes,that are filled, strong enough to be drill very near or just over ?
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
yes.

dowel, glue, sand, ftw. that's all there is to it.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
yes.

dowel, glue, sand, ftw. that's all there is to it.

yep.

also, does anyone else think that putting in tuner mounting screws is a b*tch to do on a hard maple neck?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 26, 2008,
Go to home depot or loews and buy those round wooden sticks that you cut up in pieces to use as furniture pegs. They have them in variety of diameters and maybe few different types of wood. You might have to sand them a little bit but its a quick job.