where could i find blue prints for building a guitar from scratch? im in an advanced woodworking class in my highschool and we can basically pick whatever we want to build, so i thought id make a guitar.

as for the blue prints i think ill only really need them for the neck if im going to do a solid body guitar, i was actually thinking about doing a double neck tele shaped guitar. but id also like to make a semi hollow similar to an es-355. would the semi hollow be alot more difficult?
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
semi hollow will obviously be more difficult. dont do that. it's a waste of time and effort. just go solid body.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
seems to me to be an unwise choice if it is getting assessed as part of your course work.

As for blueprints, just look around GB&C at a few projects and whatnot
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
seems to me to be an unwise choice if it is getting assessed as part of your course work.

As for blueprints, just look around GB&C at a few projects and whatnot

why dont you think it would be a good idea? and i cant just look around the internet. i need to somehow order a physical copy of the blueprints because its part of the grade. also, what kind of wood would be good to make it out of?
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
guitarbuild.com... download section
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
mahogany or alder. but those are expensive. maybe something similar in tone? iono
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
You could go to guitarplansunlimited.com that is where mine is coming from.
Quote by apak
mahogany or alder. but those are expensive. maybe something similar in tone? iono

for alder poplar is a good substitute has the same sound properties it's a little heavier though but it's cheaper and you have to paint it
Id go for something simple like a tele if this is your first build. If you have access to a router I would suggest getting some routing templates off a web seller they help speed things up no end.