Ok guys, im trying to pick out a new head. I have it narrowed down 2 two, and i want a few pros and cons. I play mostly Metalcore, and every once in awhile Some Metal, just in case you where wondering. The first is:

Line 6 HD147

OR

Peavey 6505+

Ok, so i asked for some pros and cons, but one of the main questions i would like answered is this: Is the fact that Line 6 is louder with its 180 Extra Watts, or would the Peavey be better, just because the 6505+ seems to be the the head of choice? Because i want one thats nice and loud, but i want the volume difference to be worth it, cause I dont want something thats louder if it doesnt sound as good.

Thanks guys
Well the 6505+ is rediculously loud. And sounds better when it's really loud.

I'd suggest trying both out and seeing which one you prefer.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
well, unfortunately, my guitar center only has the Peavey, so i can't really compare them, heheh.
Go for the 6505+

The HD147 is an overpriced turd. It's really harsh on the high end and just sounds too mucky when you bring the gain up.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hmmm, i see. Is this from like, first hand experience, err...?

And while im here, how much would a Mesa Dual Rectifier cost? I yahoo'ed/Google'd them, but i can actually find JUST the cab for sale. Help?
Quote by SMB13
Hmmm, i see. Is this from like, first hand experience, err...?

And while im here, how much would a Mesa Dual Rectifier cost? I yahoo'ed/Google'd them, but i can actually find JUST the cab for sale. Help?

Yes it would be.

New Dual Rectifiers run for about 2 grandish.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Ahh, i see. Thanks for the help guys

you wouldnt happen to have a link for the Mesa's would you?
Quote by SMB13
Ahh, i see. Thanks for the help guys

you wouldnt happen to have a link for the Mesa's would you?

Go to guitar stores?

They don't sell Mesa/Boogie amps online unless you go on ebay.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Or Thomman I think.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I see. Well, theres no real store that has them, im somewhat in the middle of nowhere, if you catch my drift, lol.

All i really needed to know was how much watts 1 cab with 4 - 12's has goin for it,
Depends on the speakers.

Usually over 100 watts though.

There MUST be a Guitar Center somewhere if you're in the States.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Oh, there is. Too bad its only slightly bigger than my house.

And about 80 miles away.
Next time you go to the city, check it out.

If you can wait
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Well if you want to go to Canada and pay double for most guitar gear, feel free.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well if you want to go to Canada and pay double for most guitar gear, feel free.

Sucks to be a Canadian, huh?
Quote by AdamDK
Sucks to be a Canadian, huh?

Yeah, our free health care and nation wide pension plan is a bummer.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah, our free health care and nation wide pension plan is a bummer.

We get free health care over here in the UK too, and I think a pension plan.
Quote by AdamDK
We get free health care over here in the UK too, and I think a pension plan.

Well at least we own the land we live on.

HO BURN.

Not really.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

HO BURN.

Not really.

LMAO i thought it was funny.

And Kozlic, im lookin for the Cab, not the amp.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

HO BURN.

Not really.

Well, we have Marshall amps, Laney, Orange, etc dirt cheap compared to Canadians.

/argument
Quote by AdamDK
Well, we have Marshall amps, Laney, Orange, etc dirt cheap compared to Canadians.

/argument

We have old Traynor amps which sound the same if not better than older Marshalls and we pay nothing for them.

Plus, we don't pay rediculous amounts of money for Fenders, Gibbies, Mesa/Boogies, and the like.
Buy my 6505+! Im just about to put it up for sale.

The line 6 sucks.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Buy my 6505+! Im just about to put it up for sale.

The line 6 sucks.

Uhmm... I would if i wasnt making 7.25 an hour at a grocery store. I doubt i could have the money to any time soon, haha