Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
1) You want to be a maths teacher
2) You're an an amateur mathematician
3) You work in mathematical research
4) You are a physicist
5) You have nothing better to do with your time
You might find it pointless now, and there are actually very few applicable situations you will need it. But most university programs require some level of skill with math, so trust me, if you don't want to screw yourself later, study it now. Even if you're 99% sure that whatever career you want won't involve math, there's always the chance you will change your mind, and will kick yourself when you need to study this stuff at age 20 instead of age 15.
Solve problems for X
Solve problems for Y
Solve problems for Theta
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
1) You want to impress chicks.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
it gives mathematicians work

it keeps students busy

it gives us a reason to hate school
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Hey, I got a 5 on my A.P. Calculus Exam. So study algebra if you want to be cool like me. By the way, 5 is the highest possible score you can get and A.P. means advanced placement and it is the hardest math course offered in most high schools. **** that though, I am going to college now and am most likely not taking math ever again, even tough it was by best subject in school.
i want u to put thatr there is no uses and pm me and tell me wat ur grade is
GEAR:
Black Epiphone G-310 SG
White Ibanez RG120
Digitech RP250 Multi-Effects Pedal
Raven RG100H and RG412 Half Stack
If you've got a garden and need to find out how big to make the fence, but don't possess a tape measure.

If you need to find out how long it will take for Sarah and Anish to travel from Heathrow to Wembley Park by train.

If you are a terrorist.
no algebra = no modern science = still hanging around in caves hitting each other with rocks and shi-.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Simple architecture calculus, fixing electronic devices, simple physics.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Thanks for useful answers Pit.

Nice to know it hasn't been COMPLETELY overtaken by dumbasses

Except Kensai, his answer is somewhat legitimate.

"Hey ladies, what did pi say to the quadratic of 7?"

"...What the fuck is wrong with you?"

""

"Awww we're sorry! *presents titties*"

""
It helps you learn to think. Algebra is all about figuring things out when you don't have all the data handy, and lemmie tell you, in real life it happens ALL TEH F*CK TIME~
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
1.) Computer Programmer
2.) Math Professor
3.) solving y = ((4x^2 - (x-1))+(2x+4)^2) / ((x+1)(x-1)) GO!!
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

""

""

That's right, Kensai is the only one you suck up to.
Quote by matt9189
Hey, I got a 5 on my A.P. Calculus Exam. So study algebra if you want to be cool like me. By the way, 5 is the highest possible score you can get and A.P. means advanced placement and it is the hardest math course offered in most high schools. **** that though, I am going to college now and am most likely not taking math ever again, even tough it was by best subject in school.

omg you are so cool
Quote by Hells_Bell
no algebra = no modern science = still hanging around in caves hitting each other with rocks and shi-.

that would be so beautifull
Roberto esponja ..MEROL !!!!!
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

""

""

Mathjokes turn women on, it's a statistic fact.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
1.) It is useful to timeliness and efficiency. Figuring out how long it takes you to drive x amount of miles from your house to work/school/somewhere you intend to go at a given speed is an example. Figuring out how many cases of cheese will fit on a shelf at Wal-Mart, considering the depth and height of the shelf space. Those kinds of things.

2.) Being educated and having a more well-rounded and fulfilled understanding of the world around you and the mathematical intricacies therein is akin to respectability and intelligence. Smarter people go farther in life.

3.) There are many career fields that implement the use of algebra and the levels of math that follow, such as: Accounting, Physics, Engineering, Architecture, Pyrotechnics and Explosives, Meteorology, etc.

Overall, it is a very useful tool and worthwhile experience to learn from. I'm glad I've taken the classes and use it regularly.
Quote by Hells_Bell
^^

I somewhat remember you. You haven't posted since for ever.

Course he has, he's our time traveller.
I once saw a girl who was doing social studies of some sort (so about 20 years old) unable to figure out how much money she would earned if she worked for 8 hours at $7 an hour, it was sad
1) to figure out how long a trip is going to take (Distance = Rate * time)
2) figure out an average of something
3) Figure out the price of an idvidual item ( 4 trucks cost $20000, 4x = 20000, x = 5000 per truck).

...........i tried
Quote by Rox0r713
1.) It is useful to timeliness and efficiency. Figuring out how long it takes you to drive x amount of miles from your house to work/school/somewhere you intend to go at a given speed is an example. Figuring out how many cases of cheese will fit on a shelf at Wal-Mart, considering the depth and height of the shelf space. Those kinds of things.

2.) Being educated and having a more well-rounded and fulfilled understanding of the world around you and the mathematical intricacies therein is akin to respectability and intelligence. Smarter people go farther in life.

3.) There are many career fields that implement the use of algebra and the levels of math that follow, such as: Accounting, Physics, Engineering, Architecture, Pyrotechnics and Explosives, Meteorology, etc.

Overall, it is a very useful tool and worthwhile experience to learn from. I'm glad I've taken the classes and use it regularly.

omg about time some one said it , thank you my good sir, thank you a lot
''courage is not enough to forget''
Quote by Rox0r713

omg about time some one said it , thank you my good sir, thank you a lot
''courage is not enough to forget''
Page 1 of 2