I used the searchbar, but nothing came up in my price range.

So, against my better judgement, I ask The Pit: what kind of car should i be looking at?

Range: $0-3000 used

needs to last me for 2-3 years

I am turning 18 in a month and by January I will have approx. $3500 saved up of my own money from my jobs. I am going to university in a year and need a car that will last me for a while. I would prefer a classic car since insurance would be much cheaper than any other kind. I had my eye on a 1980 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight that my mechanic great-uncle is selling. It only has 35,000 miles on it (none winter) and he has taken good care of it.

Opinions?

And no lame-ass jokes about the pedo-van or anthing else!
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Get a used saturn 1992-2000 sl series, plastic so it wont rust, and great gas mileage.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by Austin_Scharosc
Get a used saturn 1992-2000 sl series, plastic so it wont rust, and great gas mileage.

+1

Be prepared for a bit of oil consumption though.
ಥ_ಥ
get an old 90s tuner, something like a celica or tiburon or something. they look great, get good gas mileage, and won't cost you that much used.
Or you can get a much better, nice (new or used) sports bike/motorcycle for around that much if you live somewhere warm and would want to take a course
Quote by skvvisgaar
You have to paint it specifically alpine white? Damn, they are real colour-nazis in Berlin.
oh wait...

Quote by Eighteen4Ever
But I don't cum blood.
Unless by "cum blood" you mean "have white hair on my balls".
In which case,
yes, I do cum blood.
The bike is a definite no. I'm in Northern Ontario on the lake. I would freeze my testicles off very quickly. And I like them

EDIT: I'm on auto trader, but I have too many options I want some other opinions before I start calling around and looking to borrow money from bank/family
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Used Toyota or Honda. Cheap, reliable, easy to find and great gas mileage.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt