im in the market for a ps3 but im confused about them , i want it to play ps2, and ps1 games but i know some are not backward compatible, plus i dont know wheter i should get a large harddrive or not, 40 or 80.
You can also wait a bit and get the 160 gig hardrive with Drakes Fortune for 500 dollars.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I think the real question here is, do you know how to use the 'gaming thread' located in the pit. I know the people in there seem a bit weird, but i think they can probably help more
The 360
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
If you want PS2 compatibility, you gotta buy an 80 gig. PS1 games work on a 40 gig, go figure.

But, I bought a 40 gig because I have a PS2, and you can buy like 100 gig laptop hard drive off the internet for like 60 dollars, and the difference between the 40 and the 80 PS3's is 100 dollars. It's kind of a ripoff. And I got Spiderman 3, huge bonus for a Spidey fan.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
i went to best buy and the guy told me that they are gonna discontinuing the 80gb that they sell now and are gona make the 40 gb into 80gb and not backward comapitible, some crap like that.
Quote by Exo M7
The 360

Didn't see that one coming...
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Quote by Exo M7
The 360

+1

But I Don't want to start a PS3 V 360 war here,

I own both, but prefer the 360

when I play Xbox Live (I know, £40 a year) I get more of a sense of Comradeship, and team work, and plus my PS3 keeps overheating I'm on my Fifth now

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Deliriumbassist
HMV in the UK has started selling 80Gb at the same price as 40Gb. Win-win for me

Wow, I'll look into that one!

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Quote by TheFly_1990
+1

But I Don't want to start a PS3 V 360 war here,

I own both, but prefer the 360

when I play Xbox Live (I know, £40 a year) I get more of a sense of Comradeship, and team work, and plus my PS3 keeps overheating I'm on my Fifth now

Wow, is there a problem with the UK PS3 or something? Cuz, I'm from the states, and I know a bunch of people that have PS3's, and I know a bunch that have 360's. EVERY person I know with a 360 had them overheat, it's called some kind of rings of death or something or other. Everyone I know with a PS3 just wants more games...
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
80 gb
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Ololol ur so funny!

Thanks, I know.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
40 is not b/c but you can play downloaded ps1 games (maybe the disc ones too), so either the 20gb of 80gb, remember you can always easily upgrade the HDD
Backward compatibly would certainly come first to me, it's one of the only good things going for the console. i am biased against the thing though, you would be much better off with a souped up PC or the 360(i'm not a Microsoft fanboy, it just has a better library of games and a better multiplayer experience.)
Quote by Sleepwalker 666
I'm still trying to find the 80GB MGS4 Limited Edition. METAL GEAR FTW!!!!

this, metal gear is the ****
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.