so the tittle says it all
whats a good PA? for less than 400$? this PA is never(maybe a couple of times for the really small ones) going to be used for gigging so i dont need lots of power, i just need a PA that has nice vocal sound and decent recording quality, also we dont need many chanels, max 8 channels for drum recording, but we want to be as cheap as possible but still spend was is needed to get something decent
BTW we play pop-punk
is this any good?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-8INPUT-STEREO-MIXER-WITH-DIGITAL-EFFECTS?sku=630139
also if i buy that one, and speakers will it work? i dont know anything about PAs or how they work so i am taking 2 or 4 weeks to research and then buy
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Last edited by litus at Aug 25, 2008,
^ +1 (thanks dude...I don't have to make another thread :P )
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
hey guys
i forgot te mention that we dont have the money in cash. we have it as store credit. so not every brand is avaliable. in fact i dont know if the yamaha mixer i posted would be avaliable in the store

so you may aswell post what not to get, and what should i look in a mixer and speakers
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I'm not sure what kind of PA you're going to be able to get for $400. If you want 8 channels to record drums, you need mic channels. That yamaha has 4 mic channels, maybe that would be good for you recording drums idk. Then you need speakers and I would guess you're going to get passives. Then you need the power amp for the speakers. I'm not sure what kind of stuff you can get for $400. If you got that yamaha mixer with 2 pretty cheap speakers, maybe you can find a cheap low watt power amp.

What store do you have store credit in? Is it a nationwide store like GC?
Quote by GuitarKid61791
What store do you have store credit in? Is it a nationwide store like GC?

i am not in the USA where you have big music stores.
i am in latinoamerica, where we just have little music stores with many cheap guitars.
i think the store is called audionet, is not prety big here, but compared to the guitar center in orlando is just a little ant.
but the price we won just says. 1000$ in musical instruments, so i dont even know if price comes as some store credit or actual musical instruments, but we dont need a big PA, just something decet, and the rest of the moneys goes for a drumset and some guitar/bass toys
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Last edited by litus at Aug 26, 2008,