Poll: What's your opinion?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's your opinion?
Weezer is harder to play than metal (Megadeth, COB for example)
3 17%
Metal (like Megadeth or COB) is harder to play than Weezer
15 83%
Voters: 18.
My friend is trying to convince me that Weezer is harder to play than metal. He thinks this because he says "with Weezer, you have to play in rhythm and time. With metal, all you have to do is play really fast."

I think metal (Megadeth, Children of Bodom for example) is harder to play because you have to solo fast, and that takes more than playing playing simple chords for a whole song.

So Pit, whats your thought on this?

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Don't you think it's obvious that he's just wrong and has no idea what he's talking about? Ugh.

Seriously
Quote by FireandFlames
you're both n00bz for arguing about that

That one.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Weezer aren't hard to play at all.

Actually the only hard thing I ever found in a Weezer song was the fast melody in "Surf Wax USA" and even that I got down in 15 mins.
with bands like megadeth its not just playing soloes fast

they have some ridiculous riffs, go get ure friend to listen to poison was the cure
PSN: Noverion
Megadeth has not only fast riffs/solos but far more complex riffs than Weezer. And I suppose your friend hasn't played/listened to many Marty Friedman solos.

Plus, I've never heard a (professional) metal song that isn't in time...
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
He's a bassist if that makes a difference.

We were just messing around with our instruments at the time.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Your friend is an idiot. Except for jazz, all music has to be played in a set time and rhythm. He needs to listen more and talk less.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
i taught a guy whose been playing for less thjan a month to play beverly hills and there's no way he could play anything by megadeth of children of bodom.
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre