I was wondering what effects pedal is being used at just about 2:00 in the GnR version of Hair of the Dog? I searched just incase it had been asked, but came up empty handed. I can play the rest of the song, and that part as well, but it doesn't sound right because I don't have that pedal.

They've got the same kind of effect in the Nazareth version too, but the GnR version sounds better IMO.
1. wrong forum
2. pretty sure its a talkbox but not positive
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Yeah its a talk box, same effect as used in Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi.
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

Definitely a talkbox - and they can be pretty expensive, and weird to use (it basically involves pumping your entire guitar + amp through a tube into your head and using your own throat and mouth as the speaker - suffice to say it takes a while to get used to it).

Cheaper common replacements are wah pedals, some synth pedals have a built in 'vocal' sound, on Strats rolling back the tone of the middle pickup all the way and using the full bridge + middle pickup combination gives quite a vocal sound (but none of the dynamics of the talkbox of course), or having a neck humbucker wired in reverse polarity and using the middle setting of an HH guitar with the neck tone rolled about halfway back also gives a very vocal-like sound (though like the Strat option, it will have none of the dynamic possibilities of the talkbox).
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.