Im looking for a pedal that can emulate a double guitar sound. Im really not looking for synths or anything like that. I was thinking of a delay pedal or something along the lines of that. The reason im looking is because my band plays Money by Pink Floyd and my solos dont sound as good as the song (obviously because theres two guitars at the same time) and i was hopeing that a delay pedal would help.
I'd go with a flanger

Electroharmonix Electric Mistress

if you're a Floyd fan there plenty of other places to use it too
Quote by seljer
I'd go with a flanger

Electroharmonix Electric Mistress

if you're a Floyd fan there plenty of other places to use it too

But can you control how many times it repeats?

..Never though of a flanger for that.
So you're just looking for a thicker lead tone? Try a short delay, or a chorus pedal, or maybe even some reverb would help.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Im looking for some sort of delay pedal i guess that will make it sound like two guitars are playing at the same time.
Go to a shop and try out a chorus pedal. It might be exactly what you want. But also take my other suggestions into consideration.

Hope I helped.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by PinksWall
Im looking for some sort of delay pedal i guess that will make it sound like two guitars are playing at the same time.

the ADT thing they did with tape was actually pretty similar (or practically the same) to the old school tape flanging the studio engineers of the 60s did

though if you don't have a delay pedal get a delay pedal first. It makes Floyd solos sound totally awesome
Quote by seljer
the ADT thing they did with tape was actually pretty similar (or practically the same) to the old school tape flanging the studio engineers of the 60s did

though if you don't have a delay pedal get a delay pedal first. It makes Floyd solos sound totally awesome

Well my amp has dely built in but you can only control how strong it is and how fast or slow you want it to repeat. Not how many times you want it to repeat which is what i think ill need to pull off that ADT sound live.
using two amps and a delay pedal that has what most call the "ping pong" delay effect will get you that "double tracked" guitar sound.

when i play using headphones on my line 6 pod. thats what i do. set the delay VERY short, with a quick decay (don't want a ton of delay.. just a quick enough one to replicate the sound) and so that the delay signal is equal to the original signal.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
hmm, I'd go for any delay with modulation build in
I'm watching the version of Money from Live8, he's got some modulation going on, its subtle but its there

an Electroharmonix Deluxe Memory Man if you have the money and pedal board real estate (you can get some sweet sounds with that modulation...and with that pedal in general)

if you want a lot of features (which is a good thing because I believe everyone is a delay junkie at heart ), then the Electroharmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazerai
its digital but the filter control lets you get reasonably analog sounds, and one of the modes have got modulation too....and plenty of other things to play with

or for a cheaper option, the MXR Carbon Copy, nice analog delay sound, and it does have modulation (but to adjust it you have to open it up)