my question is this i just bought a trace elliot 1215 combo bass amp (12 band EQ) and i can't get the sound i want out of it EQ wise. i have a fender jazz bass. i want a nice low end that still has some mids and cuts through the mix but not to much high end/treble like some bass players have (green day/blink 182). i really dig the bass player(s) tone from cake. can anyone help me or suggest some tone/EQ settings for the amp. thank you.

here's a pic of the amp
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Trace-Elliot-1215-15-500W-Bass-Combo?sku=480096
Take what you just said:
Quote by qwertys

i want a nice low end that still has some mids and cuts through the mix but not to much high end/treble

And convert that into a nice EQ curve on you amp. Start with a slightly cut lowest frequency and curve up, peaking somewhere in the mids and then curve it back down to below the "bassest" frequency.
Try this, this is what I do:

Bass: Flat
Mids: Slight Boost
Treble: Slight Boost

Give it ago, see what you sound like.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
^He has 12 bands, not three...

You can still do it to be honest, but it's just a bit more complex.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
^Except now he's got 3 bands of bass, 6 bands of mids and 3 bands of trebles to contend with. He can't just leave all of those frequencies at the same level, it would sound very flat. He needs to have a curve.
Whatever you dp, make sure you take into account Deleriums three up three down rule. Otherwise your sound will be seriously lacking
it's my rule. I implanted it in fitz's head with a microchip and a brain eating cricket.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Whatever you dp, make sure you take into account Deleriums three up three down rule. Otherwise your sound will be seriously lacking

Folly, pure folly I tell you! I boost my low mid's as far as they will go, and the tone is full, plentiful and punchy.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.