I have a korg tuner and I like to down-tune a lot (havdn't been in standard for a few months). To tune down with it i hit this b looking button that im pretty sure means flat. So my question is when i hit flat twcie and tune it down say 1.5 steps does it come out as
e -> c#
B -> G#
G -> E
D -> B
A -> F#
E -> C#

or is everything just twice flat. I only ask because my tuner always says eadgbe and never c f or any of that ****.
Last edited by red18420 at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by AdamDK
That is everything down 1.5 steps.

You didn't read my question. Try it now.
Last edited by red18420 at Aug 25, 2008,
if you want to be sure your tuner is doing this correctly, just hold down the string on the 3rd fret when you're tuning it and tune it to EADGBe...
Quote by red18420
You didn't read my question.

I mis-read it. Rephrase it so I can understand.
Quote by usedillusions
if you want to be sure your tuner is doing this correctly, just hold down the string on the 3rd fret when you're tuning it and tune it to EADGBe...

I thought it was the 5th fret that everything was the same.
no, you misunderstand me... say when you're tuning your low E string: hold down the 3rd fret and tune the string so that it's an E when you're playing fret 3. this means when you let go of the fret the open string will be 1.5 steps down. 1 fret = 0.5 steps. make sense?
It is if you're tuning EADGBE

even then to tune the G to the B its the 4th fret so its not always the 5th.

Drop D is 7th on the low E

Double drop D is 7th on the E (to make it D) and the 3rd on the high E to make it a D so its DAEGBD
Quote by usedillusions
no, you misunderstand me... say when you're tuning your low E string: hold down the 3rd fret and tune the string so that it's an E when you're playing fret 3. this means when you let go of the fret the open string will be 1.5 steps down. 1 fret = 0.5 steps. make sense?

I get it now.Thanks dude, Ill use this and answer my own question.