So I've been learning Pull Harder on The Strings of Your Martyr by Trivium. So far all of the song minus the solo has been easy enough for myself to learn. I haven't attempted the solo yet but I have a feeling it'll kill me. Any tips or pointers anyone can throw at me? (not literally of course :P)
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Start slow and work with a metronome to build up speed. Don't work faster until you can play it perfectly at the current speed
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Start slow and work with a metronome to build up speed. Don't work faster until you can play it perfectly at the current speed

i knew someone would say this. i freakin knew it. yes do that. isnt it a 2 guitar solo. as in matt does half and corey does half?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
i knew someone would say this. i freakin knew it. yes do that. isnt it a 2 guitar solo. as in matt does half and corey does half?

I believe it's a dual guitar solo. But I'm just learning what matt plays for now. Once I got that down I'll figure out what sounds good as a whole.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by apak

Matt didn't actually play the recorded version; it was the producer for the album, I think his name is Jason Suecof or something like that.

Either way; it's prefectly possible to play both halves of the solo, if you've got the technique for one part you can probably do the other. Corey's part is definitely the more difficult of the two; if you can nail that the other half should be easy.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.